Amaris smiles, then leaps into Chris's arms to hug him, "Thank you." She kisses his cheek, then steps back with a huge grin.

"Are you going with anyone?"

"Josh and Tayla."

"You can tell me if someone asked you out," Chris teases, despite how much he didn't want to think about it.

"No one asked me out," Amaris says, "I'm just gonna get dressed up and hang out with my friends for a while. That's all."

"When's the dance?"

"Two weeks."

"Okay. When we see Azazel at our meeting tomorrow, be sure to tell him any ideas you have for a dress you'd want."

"Awesome!"

X

"You're...actually gonna be able to come with us to Homecoming?" Josh asks the next day as his dark hands tie his long and curly hair back.

"Hey! I go out and do things with you guys sometimes."

"Give her a break, Josh. I'm sure being in a coven is a lot of work," Tayla says. Her hair hadn't grown out much since she'd come out, so she wore wigs in the meantime. Today, her wig was blonde.

Josh and Tayla were both cool with Amaris being a witch, but they still kept it on the down low. Amaris's fib to her friends as to why she was so secretive about her family and personal life was that she was in a coven of witches and had many duties to perform for them.

"I know, I know, it's just nice to hang out with you outside of school lunches and field trips," Josh says.

"It's so exciting that you'll be able to come with us! Maybe we can go dress shopping," Tayla says.

"Oh, I'm actually having my dress made for me," Amaris explains.

"Do all witches get the coolest shit ever like you do?" Josh asks.

"Nope. I just have connections."

X

Two weeks later.

The dress went off the shoulder, and the sleeves went to Amaris's elbows. The dress was black and was adorned with lace. It went down to her mid thighs. Her hair flowed down over her shoulders and she wore dark makeup. Her necklace with Chris's sigil rest on her chest. She wore small heels that made her only an inch or two taller, but she felt amazing.

 She wore small heels that made her only an inch or two taller, but she felt amazing

There's a knock on the door and Amaris smiles.

"Come in."

Chris steps inside and smiles, "Wow."

"Azazel did wonderful, didn't he?" Amaris twirls in front of her mirror where she currently stood, looking at herself. She then returns her attention to Chris.