chapter 2

hyunjae couldn't say he expected juyeon to simply indulge into his confident acts. even if juyeon had humored him the first and second time, hyunjae knew that that was it. even if hyunjae had provoked juyeon with his question and the grip, juyeon only took a second longer to pull back and ignore him for the rest of the time hyunjae stood there.

the model felt frustrated at home, that night when he went back. he threw a childish tantrum alone in the middle of his designed living room but nothing came out of it. juyeon didn't follow him, didn't call him, didn't give in to him, didn't do anything.

hyunjae still thought of himself as a grateful person, so, he was grateful for the slight reactions he got that day. a smile played across his lips as he moved his own knuckles over his jaw. hyunjae's giggle rang in his apartment, his legs carrying him to lay on his bed with a contented sigh. he replayed the moment, closing his eyes to see juyeon again and feel his hand on him again.

he laughed to himself and shook his head, turning to lay on his stomach and try to fall asleep. "goodnight, juyeonie." hyunjae grinned and said to no one around him, "i will see you tomorrow, so soon." it took him a while to fall asleep but he did. he slept well, even. no memories of his dreams lingered in the morning but right when consciousness slipped into his senses, the same tan boy was on his mind again.

hyunjae arrived at the company earlier than usual, his smile wide and polite and his hands heavy with different cups of coffee in each grip. he was riding up in the elevator again, his foot tapping softly at the metallic floor as his sunglasses slid barely a centimeter down on his nose. the model smiled when he stepped out, humming to himself as he walked into the completely empty office.

he rested both cups on top of the smaller desk at the front corner of the room, setting them carefully without letting any drop slip past the rim and slide down the necks of the cups. hyunjae grabbed the closest chair and rested it beside the table before he sat down on it, resting one knee over the other and facing the elevator instead of the bustling city behind him.

hyunjae's foot swung around slightly as he waited, checking again the time on his wrist watch. 8:19am. great, he should be here soon. if hyunjae's calculations were correct, juyeon's office hours were from 8:30am till 2:00pm, a lunch break, and then from 3:30pm till 6:00pm. hyunjae was a patient man, there was no problem for him in waiting ten more minutes for juyeon to show up.

as a gulp of the warm liquid was going down hyunjae's throat ten minutes later, the dinging of the elevator echoed in the space. hyunjae smiled behind his cup of coffee as he saw juyeon walk in – towards him – with a bag in his hand while his other hand unbuttoned his suit jacket. juyeon's steps didn't falter in the slightest, he just went to his desk and around hyunjae to get in his seat.

"will your salary be decreased now? you're two minutes late, babe, i heard the boss is very strict and punctual." hyunjae turned his chair to now face the new presence in the room, placing his cup down and sliding juyeon's cup towards its owner. "will yours be increased? you're pretty early, baby, i heard the boss is very generous and grateful."

hyunjae grinned at the reply, happy to himself as if he just won the lottery. he watched as juyeon turned his laptop on and hung his jacket on the back of his chair, setting his stuff up before he would start working. "drink this before it gets even colder. i bought it especially for you." hyunjae placed the cup right in front of juyeon, an act of insistence since the secretary didn't even spare the cup one pitiful glance when it slid towards him.

juyeon looked at hyunjae for a second, meeting a wide grin and the model's chin propped up on his locked hands as his elbows rested on the edge of the desk. juyeon looked at the coffee in front of him, lifting it up and smelling it for a second. there was a small wrinkle in his nose and an easy knot between his eyebrows at the heavy sweet smell and that only made hyunjae grin even wider, if possible. "what is it? not your choice of drink?"