Chapter 16

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She turned her head away, slightly blushing.

"What's the date today?" He asked.

"Uhh.. 4th of September..?"

"Today is one of the best day."

"Why?"

"Because it's the first time ever you called me by my name, my full name indeed." Wonwoo smirked making Saebyul chuckled.

"What the heck." She then stood beside Wonwoo.

"Okay, what's next? The continuation of your story." She raised an eyebrow.

"Well yeah, she got married and left me. I've never seen her ever since. I was crying for a whole month, wishing everything was just a dream. My friends are always by my side when nobody else did through my ups and downs." He stated with a smile.

"Is that why you never bother to have a girlfriend again?" She questioned.

"Yeah.. Before I had her, I used to have a girlfriend who died because of a cancer.." He got his head lowered.

"Wait what? All your dating records, you never cheated? Your girlfriend are the one who left you? Not you who left them?" Saebyul asked in disbelief while at the same time mocking him.

"Of course never! Who do you think I am?! I'm not like those three fuckheads." Wonwoo rolled his eyes making Saebyul laugh.

"Listen, I'm a very loyal person okay?" Wonwoo stared into Saebyul's eyes deeply.

"So? You want me to be like 'oh my god I can't believe you're actually a loyal person'." She gave him her disgusted face.

"Yea?"

"But I don't want to date you." Saebyul informed reassuringly.

"But why? I'm loyal." Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows in bafflement.

"Because maybe I'm gonna leave you too, it's either I'm gonna die because of a cancer or my dad's gonna arrange a marriage for me." She teased before sticking her tongue out.

"Yah, how dare you."

"I'm just kidding."

"Anyway.. Why would you bring me here? It's gonna make all the memories came back to your mind." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't know, I just wanted you to know."

"Know what?"

"That I never play around with a girl's feelings."

"What is really wrong with this guy." She mumbled.

"Don't you feel sympathy to me at all?" Wonwoo gave her this sad face and eyes which made Saebyul felt guilty for actually making fun of it.

"For the first time, I don't found you annoying. It would've been nice if you could treat me like this since the beginning instead of pissing me off every single damn time." Saebyul mocked making Wonwoo chuckled.

"Sorry, I just don't know how to get your attention." He scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

"But honestly though.. Why me?" She raised an eyebrow.

There was a moment of silence, Wonwoo kept staring at Saebyul with his sullen looking face which made Saebyul felt really uncomfortable and very guilty to the moment she felt like she just did something really wrong.

"W-what?" Saebyul stuttered.

"Yah, a-answer me!" She shouted, but her eyes not looking at Wonwoo's.

"Sometimes, it's not you who choose." What Wonwoo uttered made her perplexed.

"But your heart." He continued.

"You're trying to say?" Saebyul raised an eyebrow.

"It's the heart, Saebyul. You asked me, why you? Because my heart choose you." Wonwoo stared deep into Saebyul's eyes.

"Oh what the fuck, if that's not the most cheesiest thing someone had ever told me, then I don't know what it is." She remarked in disbelief.

"I'm dead serious."

-

"What happened after that?" Hansol asked, the other two are anticipating to hear Wonwoo's answer because the three of them are really curious to know what happened next.

"I told her I was being serious but she thought I was just sleepy so she went home alone." Hearing Wonwoo's answer, the three got their jaws dropped.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT GIRL." Seungcheol shrieked.

"You don't deserve $5k bro, YOU DESERVE $10K FOR TRYING TO WIN A GIRL LIKE HER." Hansol shook his head.

"Yah, I can't afford to give him $10k." Mingyu smacked Hansol's head.

"So.. Are you gonna give up or what.."

Wonwoo took a deep breath.

"Just one last try." He confirmed.

"But really? You brought her to the rooftop? You told her everything?" Seungcheol have his eyes widened as he couldn't believe what Wonwoo just told them.

"You really.. Oh my god, for the sake of $5k?" Hansol shook his head.

"I don't know. That girl really caught my interest." Wonwoo said. The three of them choked as they got their eyes widened hearing Wonwoo's statement.

"Don't tell me.. Wait, Jeon Wonwoo, explain." Mingyu instructed sternly.

"I don't know guys, I'm just interested but I don't know in what way. Sure she is annoying me that she keep playing hard to get, but the more I pissed her off the more fun it is to be around her. Now that she didn't mind of being my friend, everything gets-"

"You're falling in love." Seungcheol cut Wonwoo off.

"Yeah, admit it bruh." Hansol agreed.

"Guys, come on. I'm sure you guys think she's cute right? She's just cute and fun to be with. I don't have any romantic feelings for her." Wonwoo shrugged.

"You know you're a sucker in denying right?" Seungcheol gave him a disgusted face with an eyebrow raised.

-

"Can you ride me home?" Hearing the voice asked, Wonwoo quickly turned his head around and there Saebyul be looking at him with an innocent smile.

'The first time ever she smiled to me..' Wonwoo thought to himself while still staring at Saebyul as if he was in a love at first sight.

"Hello?" She waved her hands and Wonwoo instantly snapped out of his thoughts.

"Y-yea, sure." He stuttered and lowered his head before taking a seat on his motorbike and soon after Saebyul sat behind him.

"I'm sorry."

"H-huh?"

"About last night."

"Why would you?"

"I knew I was being rude. You're talking about how sad you are about remembering your past and then there was me not caring about how you felt at all. I just say what I wanted to say without thinking how you would feel. Really sorry." Saebyul said.

"I-it's fine. Don't worry about it." Wonwoo smiled.

"But still, give me the proper answer. Why me?" Wonwoo's smile faded away hearing that.

"Because you caught my attention."

Saebyul was somehow, annoyed to hear that answer.

-