Chapter 03

"Hey~" It was no one other than Wonwoo who greeted Saebyul. Saebyul is now eating waffle at the school's cafe when Wonwoo suddenly sat beside her without her permission.

"What do you want, seriously." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"I want.. Ryu Saebyul." Wonwoo grinned innocently.

"Is your life really this boring? Don't you have something better to do?" She retorted, evidently mad at him.

"Are thinking about you and talking to you and getting your attention consider as something better to do?" He teased with a playful smile.

"In what language must I speak so you would understand that I don't like you?" Saebyul raised an eyebrow.

"French heheh, that way I'll understand you." He smiled widely while giving her the 'bet you couldn't' face expression.

"Je te déteste, reste loin de moi." Saebyul said in her monotone voice making Wonwoo to stare at her in panic, couldn't even believe that she could actually say it in French.

"I-I thought you don't know French, that's why-"

"You understood, right?" Saebyul gave him a fake smile before walking away. Wonwoo just sat there not knowing what to do.

"I don't even understand what she was saying." He said in disbelief.

"Did I just.. Lost $5k?!" He slapped the table real hard causing him to squeal in pain for doing so.

-

"I can't lose the bet, I need to get her in order to get $5k. The boys will laugh and make fun of me if I happens to fail winning her heart." Wonwoo mumbled to himself while walking backwards and frontwards.

"Bro, what are you doing?" Mingyu asked, giving Wonwoo the curious yet confused look.

"He's probably thinking of ways to win Saebyul's heart." Hansol who was playing with his phone said.

"You can't even make Saebyul fall for you? Oh my god, that's embarrassing and.. Ruining our reputation! If they know that Saebyul rejected you, that won't be cool man." Seungcheol said while wearing his serious face expression.

Wonwoo scoffed bitterly.

"I haven't confess, it's too early. I need to make her fall for me first. I need to be around her the whole time to annoy her and that way she'll eventually found me fun to be with, right?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow giving them the proud smile.

"I can't help you, this is a bet so you have to do it alone." Mingyu shrugged.

"Tsk, no fun." Wonwoo murmured.

"I'm doing this for the sake of $5k." He added before taking a seat beside Hansol.

"Why? Your parents didn't give you money?" Hansol queried.

"Same old shit, they knew I spent the money for gambling and modifying my motorbike. They're not giving me money anymore." Wonwoo muttered.

"Hahah! I told you to stop playing that shit! Hahahah!" Mingyu laughed while clutching his belly.

"Come to think of it, you never win gambling. Just stop playing." Seungcheol patted Wonwoo's back.

"I don't know man, once I play it, I became addicted." Wonwoo shrugged.

-

"Boys, couldn't even keep their words." Saebyul said in annoyance as Wonwoo greeted her.

"Whaaat?"

"You told me that if I said it in French then you would understand, but what is this? Why are you still in my sight? Why are you still annoying the hell outta me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Heheheh.. You see.. The thing is that.. I.. Hmm.."

"Don't waste my time, hurry say it."

"Actually.."

"Whatever." And by that Saebyul walked away. She hated that Wonwoo took too much time to say something.

"Yah! Byul, wait! My star! My shining star!" He shouted as he tried to catch up with her.

"Don't call me Byul and please, I'm not your star."

"But you shines the brightest, compared to the other girls." He gave her the sheepish smile.

"Park Jaeyeon." She suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"She likes you, she got a very warm heart and a sweet smile. You'll like her, she'll treat you way better than I do. Her class is just right next to mine. Thank you." She gave him a straight smile before walking away.

"What the heck?"

-

"Hey Saebyul? You're so lucky, Wonwoo wants to see you." One of her classmate said. Saebyul have this very pissed off face expression.

"Just tell him I'm not in the class........."

That was when she made an eye contact with Wonwoo who stood right in front of the door of her class, smiling.

She went out of her class and faced Wonwoo with both her arms crossed.

"I said, her class is right next to mine. She's not my classmate!" She retorted angrily.

"Woah, you look cute when you're mad." He pinched her cheek, only god knows how much Saebyul wanted to scream and kill Wonwoo right at this moment.

"Anyways, don't worry okay? You don't have any rival anymore here." He patted her shoulder.

"What?"

"I rejected her." He winked.

Saebyul's jaw dropped hearing Wonwoo's statement as she uncrossed her arms, her shoulders dropped.

"You're a bitch." She crossed her arms again.

"What? Why would I date someone that I don't like? I like you, so you're the one who I should date." He shrugged innocently.

"But I don't like you? Like what you did to Jaeyeon, I'm gonna reject you too because like what you said, why would I date someone that I don't like?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh my god~ Do you like chocolates? Flowers? Necklace? Wristwatch? Balloon? Or.. Ring?" Wonwoo questioned.

"If it's from you, then none." She simply replied with her monotone voice.

"Chocolate it is." He said before walking away leaving Saebyul dumbfounded.

"Chocolate? Too common!" She shouted to Wonwoo who is already walking away.

-