Don't Quote Peter Pan On Me!

Hey readers! So I like to sometimes tell stories to my readers, because I just like to sometimes get away from the book for just a little bit.

So I listen to a couple podcasts on my Echo Dot. One of them is Strange And Unexplained With Daisy Eagon, a Tony award winning actor. (Look her up). One of her episodes is on UFO sightings. I'm naturally a skeptic when it comes to these sightings. Especially the conspiracy theories surrounding Area 51.

Let me give the actual history on Area 51.

Former President Dwight D Eisenhower established a top secret air base, notably known as Area 51. It was supposed to be top secret but some employee leaked the information. (What an awesome employee, am I right?). Eisenhower started this base for top secret aircraft creations.

In the summer of 1955, there were reports of unidentified aircraft around the location of Area 51. They were said to have looked round and when this information was leaked, the headlines read "UFO sightings near Area 51!", not really, but that's what conspiracy theorists said. The people who reported it were commercial airliner pilots, and at that time, airliners could only fly at 10,00-20,000 feet.

It turns out that the unidentified aircraft was actually a testing of the U-2 aircraft that can fly over 60,000 feet in the air, and can fly extremely fast. It was supposed to be top secret, but we didn't want people to be thinking that it was a UFO. The Air Force knew what the unidentified aircraft was but they couldn't tell the public that, could they? And as the supposed UFO sightings increased, they would just call them 'natural phenomena' or "high-altitude weather research'. There are still people who believe that it was a UFO, but let me debunk that theory

Here's a story for you. You're on a plane and as you rise higher in the air, people and buildings get so small that some of them look like ants, right? It's science. It works both ways. It works when you're looking down and looking up. The military aircraft was over 40,000-50,000 FEET above the commercial airliner. 40,000-50,000 FEET guys. Of course it's gonna look odd. It's gonna look like a tiny speck in the sky. But no, it's definitely a UFO and the military is hiding it.

Of course the military is hiding stuff from us. People, if they didn't and just told us everything that went on in their top-secret military bases, it wouldn't be top-secret anymore. And we might as well allow the Soviets to know our nation's every secret. If you didn't know, this was going on during the Cold War and Eisenhower wanted to be ahead of the Soviets and didn't want the Soviets to know what weapons or aircraft was being built.

And Area 51 is a top secret AIR BASE. Why would an air base be involved with aliens or UFOs? It's not an investigation base. It's a military base for testing new aircraft. Not investigating unidentified aircraft.

area-51-american-conspiracy-theories-aliens-history-animation-video-2017-7

And bombshell! You can actually apply to work there! But there are some very strict requirements.

First, you have to be an American citizen (duh).

Second, you have to have pretty much a spotless record. Like, if you get a traffic violation, your eligibility could be compromised. (My parents would definitely not qualify. They have a few tickets under their belt).

Third, you have to be enlisted in the military and you have to become one of the higher ups.

Fourth, move to the Nevada area. (weird requirement but okay).