1: Strange Love

https://i.skyrock.net/3134/94583134/pics/3255995382_1_3_6Dq0Intu.gif.

A bead of sweat dribbled down a heated forehead, staining the mattress below

A bead of sweat dribbled down a heated forehead, staining the mattress below. The body of a petite woman writhing as her brow was pulled into a permanent frown, pupils shifting from side to side wildly behind closed lids. Familiar images replayed over and over again in her head; dark corners, possessive looks, the overwhelming stench of blood--it was enough to drive her insane. So insane that she couldn't stop herself from springing upward in a cold sweat, eyes desperately scanning her room before she sighed in relief to find she was safe at home--she was loved at home...

These dreams had become more intense recently, and of course, she knew why. The reasoning was what haunted her more than the actual memories, they weren't all bad...well, besides the one that ended it all. But she couldn't hold back her emotions with that one. So many good memories, the opportunity of feeling alive for the first time in a long time ruined because of a few cruel words...Those words were what made the nightmares. Perfect moments of her past destroyed, and perverted, and warped, because of a single conversation she'd overheard--

The woman wiped down her face, any excess of her bad dream wiped on her oversized T-shirt before she stumbled into a nightgown and slippers. Her steps guided her to cheerful whistling and delicious smells signaling breakfast. "Lacey?" Her descent of the stairs was halted by the confused look of her blonde younger sister. "What're you doin' up so early? You only got in at four..."

"Couldn't sleep." Although the girl's shrug was careless, a slight spike of fear entered her sister's eyes.

"Was it another nightmare?" The elder refused an answer, "Aw, Lace...I really wish you'd just tell me what happened to you."

Her journey to the kitchen continued, "Don't fret over it, Sook. It's in the past, no point in airin' out dirty laundry."

The shorter female stormed behind her, "As your sister, I have a right to know."

"No," the girls stopped in their tracks just outside the kitchen entrance, Lacey turning with a hard look. "Listen, Sookie, I understand you're concerned because ever since we were little this is the one thing I've never shared with you, but please just leave me be. I love you with all my heart and I'm grateful for your care but--."

"But what? Come on, Lacey, you know everythin' about me--everythin'!..." Lacey couldn't help but look down when remembering reading her baby sister's mind to discover the evil inside their Uncle Bartlett... "And I'm just scared that you keepin' this from me will push you away all over again."

"Oh, Sookie," The girls embraced in a hug, the younger of the two holding a tighter grip. "I promise you that I will never leave the way I did last time, but..." She pulled away slightly, her unruly curls bouncing into her eyeline. "I need to sit with this pain and anger a little longer--I will tell you what happened," she tried to calm her sibling's wild look. "But now's just not the time. Can you live with that?"