Chapter 23 | subject of interrogation

Start from the beginning

You grabbed your bag and wallet to grab a mask on the way there. Surely a costume store would have something that covers your face.

Taking your beloved hearse, you did just that. It didn't take long to stop off at a costume place and get to the holding cells they were being held at. The mask you grabbed was a plague doctor one, there was no chance anyone would see your face. Even shinigami you can't yet see. There's always the risk Misas shinigami has seen your face when you met at the shop. But on the off chance they didn't see you, you covered up for safely before walking in.

It was a rather uneasy sight. Misa seemed exhausted and uncomfortable but who could blame her. If only she wasn't so potentially dangerous and maybe she could be locked up less severely.

"Huh- is someone there?" She said, hearing your platforms on the ground as you walked.

"Misa, we need to talk" you replied.

"Wait... you sound famil- wait SALEM? Are you here to save me? Or are you with the stalker?" She asked, trying to pull on the restraints to face you.

"It's complicated... look tell me everything you remember from before you woke up just now"

You sat in front of her, she could tell you were there from the sound of your voice, and looked down at where you'd be despite being blindfolded.

"Um... I was at the campus with you, Light and Ryuga was it? And as I was walking back to work someone grabbed me from behind and then... I don't know. I remember a few bits and pieces of being all restrained like this but... nothing else" she explained.

"That's... weird. Misa you do actually know why you're here right?"

"Because of the stalker duh! Now can you get me out so we can call the police or something?"

"Misa you're in police custody"

She was silent for a moment, seemingly confused.

"No the police wouldn't tie me up all fetishy like this-"

Fetish- ok you weren't even gonna question why she jumped to that first.

"You're tied up because you've been deemed dangerous. They told you that you're suspicious of being the second Kira remember?" You asked.

"The second Kira? Is this because I said I was grateful to Kira for killing the robber that killed my parents? Because that all it is! I've never met Kira, and I did all I'd do this thank him. I don't know how he kills or even if he's a boy! I just wanted to thank him for revenge that all. I don't know him a swear!" She explained.

Did she really have no memory? Or was this just a very convincing act?

"Misa do you remember when you met Light?" You asked.

"Well not all of it, but I do know I went to his house to give him a gift after I first saw him!"

Ok slight creepiness of her knowing where he lived aside, how can she not remember meeting her own boyfriend. It wasn't that long ago either.

"Where did you first see him?"

"I don't remember"

"What gift did you give him?"

"... uh... no idea. God why can't I remember anything. It's like the past few months are just gone from my brain..."

If this was an act, it seemed like a convincing one. She genuinely seemed to have no idea what was going on, or what happened the last few months.

"Salem please let me go, my arms hurt so much..." she whined.

"I'm sorry I can't let you leave, not until you've been cleared of suspicion. I'll see if I can get your restrains loosened though. That does look uncomfortable, you were put like this because if you are Kira, you're dangerous. But if they decide you're not as dangerous as we thought then surely they'll loosen you up" you explained.

"Well... I guess it's better than nothing but I promise I'm not Kira! I wouldn't even know to be Kira! I didn't even know you were a detective... is your husband one too?"

"He is. He's the one on the voice filtered speakers. I promise he's not creeping on you, he wouldn't dare be unfaithful to me because he loves me and he knows it. That and he knows I'd chop his dick off" you joked.

Before Misa could reply, the speakers turned on and L spoke.

"You can leave it in tact thank you, I'm loyal and you know it" he said.

You and Misa snickered at his response.

"He's obedient is he?" Misa joked.

"Very. I promise no one is being creepy about you. This is all just to clear you of suspicion. Once the taskforce have determined you're safe you'll be let go and interrogated as potential witness instead" you explained.

Misa was understandably not pleased with her condition. But, she knew now that if she just cooperated and stayed polite as she could she'd be let go. After all she had no memory of killing so she couldn't be Kira right?

"Ok... please believe me I promise I'm not Kira. I'll cooperate if it means I'll be cleared and let go... but if I have to stay locked up in here for longer can you at least come talk to me every so often? It's boring not being able to move... and the same interrogations I've already answered gets boring" she replied.

"I'll see what I can do. One more thing... just out of curiosity..."

"Yeah?"

"Does... Light leave his wallet at home often?"

She was his girlfriend, surely she'd know right?

"Uh... I don't think so I mean he's had it every time I've been with him" she replied, a little confused.

"Hm- ok then..."

You knew that wallet and the paper inside was suspicious. Leaving his wallet home seemingly by accident on that one faithful day was the biggest mistake Lights ever made.