Chapter Eleven

Barbara’s moaning was quite distracting. Every now and then Lara heard a little giggle coming from her and Alf’s room, and the soft repetitive thud of their headboard banging on the wall. She was trying to block out the vision of Alf riding Barbara like a bucking bronco when a tiny tap on her bedroom window made her heart skip a beat. Flinging back the galloping horses bedspread she flew to the window and noticed Tyler about to throw another pebble. He was standing on the dirt below, still in his jeans and red shirt.

As an explosive climax burst from Barbara through the wall and Alf let out an extra zealous ‘FUUUUUUUCK!’, Lara sprung from her room and flew down the stairs in her Agent Provocateur black lacy nightgown. No sooner had she reached the kitchen door than Tyler had stepped inside and she was pressed against his shirt checks.

Before she could draw breath he kissed her, and any thoughts and misgivings Lara might have had about seducing him and going to hellwere wiped clean from her mind. The kiss was hard and desperate and filled with hunger. Lara groaned and pressed harder against him.

Tyler responded by wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her up deftly onto the counter. Lara knotted her legs around his waist and leaned back as he eagerly ran his hands the length of her body. His fingers were rough and calloused but nevertheless left a trail of goose bumps across her skin.

As his lips traced feverish kisses across her collarbone, Lara drew in a sharp breath. The next thing she knew, Tyler was tugging at the straps of her negligee, trying frantically to get it off. Lara raised her arms above her head and Tyler whipped it off in one quick move, leaving her sitting before him completely naked.

Lara automatically tried to cover herself, feeling shy, but Tyler gently pushed her hands aside. ‘No,’ he whispered hoarsely. ‘I want to look at you.’

She let her hands fall to her sides and watched his face transform, from wonder to something that looked more like fear. She frowned. That wasn’t quite the effect she’d been hoping for.

‘Um, Tyler, is everything alright?’ Lara asked, her breathing slightly jagged.

His eyes flashed to her face. He looked like a terrified schoolboy standing before his headmistress. ‘I’ve never done this before,’ he finally admitted.

Lara bit her lip. A cowboy virgin. How had Heath handled this in Brokeback Mountain? She seemed to recall that he’d flipped Jakey G onto his stomach and pounded him up the bottom. She knew that technique wasn’t going to work here. Instead, Lara reached out and took one of Tyler’s hands. Gently she unclasped his fingers and pulled him towards her.

‘It’s OK,’ she whispered. ‘Neither have I.’

She was referring, of course, to the fact that she’d never slept with a cowboy before, in his adopted mother’s kitchen, somewhere in the Australian outback, but Tyler didn’t need to know that.

‘Really?’ Tyler seemed momentarily relieved and allowed Lara to tug him closer. He glanced down at her naked body and her long, fake-tanned legs and swallowed. ‘We’ll go to hell,’ he said, in a strangled voice as Lara kissed along his stubbled jaw.

‘Yes,’ she whispered in his ear, feeling him shudder in response. ‘But first we’ll go to heaven.’

Tyler sighed deeply, obviously deciding to risk it. He took her in his arms, picked her up and laid her down on the kitchen table. Lara fumbled hungrily at his belt, anxious to get him naked before he could change his mind. Thankfully, Tyler seemed to have forgotten all thoughts of hell. He was now far too busy fondling her breasts, squeezing them in a way that suggested his only previous experience had been with cow’s udders. Lara placed her own hands over his and showed him what to do.

Her back arched beneath him and delicious waves of ecstasy shot down her legs. He was learning fast.

Tyler’s breathing was now coming in bursts as heavy as her own. She could feel his hardness through the rough denim of his jeans and with her left hand, reached down and started tackling his belt once again. Tyler helped her. He dropped his jeans and revealed himself in all his naked splendour. He was rugged and muscular and completely and unashamedly sexy. How had she ever got off on men who wore Lycra and dazzle dust and waxed their chests? Lara lost her train of thought as her gaze fell even lower. She drew in a sharp breath. Oh my…

Thank goodness Tyler had brought along extra-large condoms, she thought, as she helped him roll one on carefully. His hands were shaking, she noticed.

Lara lay back down on the table, feeling the wood creak dangerously as he climbed above her. Slowly she guided him into her.

Tyler’s arms started to shake as he rested his weight above her. Lara clutched his butt, pulling him in further.

‘Forgive us our sins…’ Tyler muttered above her.

‘You’re forgiven,’ Lara murmured in his ear, hoping perhaps he’d mistake her voice for the voice of an angel. A wave of pleasure rippled through her as Tyler pressed hard into her G-spot. Whether accidentally or on purpose, he was doing everything right. Albeit quickly.

‘Oh Oh OHHHHHH!’ she gasped as Tyler let out a groan and collapsed heavily on top of her.

It was probably the speediest sex she’d ever had – well, not including the time that Carlos had suffered a bout of premature ejaculation after learning he’d been demoted to second acrobat – but it wasn’t bad at all, considering it was his first time.

They lay there, panting, pressed chest to chest until Lara thought she might very well be crushed to death. She patted Tyler on the shoulder. He was still shaking on top of her. ‘Tyler?’ she whispered.

He didn’t answer. The shaking increased. She realised that her shoulder was getting wet. Was he crying? Oh for goodness sake.

‘Tyler?’ she said again, trying to push him off her. He was really very heavy and her boobs were getting squashed. Eventually she managed to roll him onto his back onto the tabletop. She leant over him. He covered his face with his arm. ‘What’s the matter?’ she asked.

‘I’m going to hell,’ he sobbed.

‘There, there,’ Lara said, patting him some more on the arm, while looking around for her negligee. She really hoped that Barbara and Alf hadn’t heard them. If they decided to come and investigate she very much doubted that Barbara would do anything less than make her wear a scarlet letter and order the farmhands to stone her to death at dawn’s light.

‘You don’t understand,’ Tyler said, removing his arm and looking at her with glistening blue eyes. ‘We just committed a sin, we’re going to burn in hell.’

‘Now, listen Tyler,’ Lara said, feeling a little impatient. She rather liked a cuddle after sex, and a bit of kissing. But a guilt trip was absolutely unacceptable, even if they were lying naked on someone else’s kitchen table. ‘If God wanted us to be virgins until marriage, why did he invent sex?’

Tyler wiped his eyes and said nothing, so Lara kept going. ‘Think about it – making love is a celebration of the bodies we’ve been given – right?’

Tyler nodded. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. Lara smiled inwardly, glad that she’d read the ‘Why you shouldn’t wait’ article in Cosmo nine times before hitting the bars during fresher’s week.

‘Making love actually brings us closer to God,’ she added. She could see that Tyler was listening intently now. ‘And God is a master of forgiveness – right?’ As she said the words, she hoped that part was right. She couldn’t remember exactly, but it sounded vaguely like it might be true.

Tyler’s gaze had dropped once more to her breasts. He moved his hand and covered the left one and started to stroke and squeeze (definitely not trying to milk her this time) with a look of absolute wonder on his face.

Lara glanced down. Whether her talk of God and forgiveness had worked or not on his conscience, something had most certainly worked on his manhood. Tyler let out a groan as she grasped him and swung her leg over his waist before he could cry again.

‘Oh Lord!’ he cried out as she straddled him.

‘To heaven again?’ she replied.