Chapter Two

Två

I was watching a girl try on another wedding dress for the uptenth time.  ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ was having an all day bridal marathon.  Godric had been gone for two and half hours.  The design on the dress that the girl was saying was disgusting looking, I thought was gorgeous.  But I could never wear a ball gown beaded dress like she pulled it off.  She was tall, and didn’t really have breast.  

“Lucky.” I muttered as I stared down at the short legs and more than enough breasts.  Ballgowns wouldn’t fit my build, but I love them dearly.  

Suddenly the door to the bedroom was thrown open and before I could register what was going on my windpipes were shut closed as a hand grasped my neck as I was slammed against a wall.  Though my sight that was quickly getting blurry, I noticed that Godric was standing right behind Isabel as a man who I never met before was choking me.  

“Who sent you?”  Isabel said sternly.  

“Ah-” I tried to  say but the hand grasped tighter.

“She asked you a question.”  The man asked tightening the grip on my neck.  

“Stan, She can’t speak if she can’t breath.”  Godric said calmly, and with no emotion.  His hold lessened until I dropped to the ground coughing.  I felt like my lungs were going to come up with every cough.  

“How long have you been working for the Fellowship of the Sun?”  Stan said grabbing me up by my hair.  The yanking cracked my neck, and I’m sure everyone heard that sound.  Everything stopped for a couple of seconds.  Isabel sighed, like she knew this was going to happen.  Godric went and sat on the bed listening closely.  His head was in his hands.  

“Answer the question Sophia.” He said loud enough to me to hear it.  

“I don’t work for the Fellowship of the Sun.”

“Lies!” Stan said making me stand by pulling me up by my hair.  My knees started to shake from the pressure of his grasp.   I tried to suppress a scream as I whined at the contact.  

“Wh-hy would I-I lie?” I stuttered out. Looking at Godric who only stared back at me.  He waved his one hand at Stan who looked at him with a growl, but dropped his grasp he had.  I fell to the floor, and crawled up to the wall as close I could.  Bringing my legs up to my chest, I tried to become as small as possible.  

“Isabel show her the photos.” Godric told her. She nodded, and walked over to me.  Bringing three photos of me talking to a girl.  I looked angry and frustrated.  The day I remember quite well.  I reached for the one photo where I was walking with a girl.  Her blonde hair shined in the sunlight, unlike my dark brown hair that seemed to be dull in the light.  She let me grab the photo and bring it closer to my face.  Finally I felt a sob I couldn’t suppress erupt from me and everyone seemed to take it for me feeling guilty.   

“So can I drink her dry know?”  Stan asked looking frustrated.  Isabel looked at me as I looked up from the photo to her.  She suddenly looked down at the blondes face than to my own.  

“Godric, I think shes telling the truth.”  She spoke.  She reached out for the photo and I handed it back to her cradling my self trying to suppress another wave of emotions I didn’t want to go through.  “Look at the blondes face.  They have the same eyes and the same nose.  I believe she is related to her.”  

“That doesn’t mean she isn’t planning on killing Godric while he sleeps.”  Stan said.  His voice went up an octave as he tried to calm down.   Godric looked at both of his companions as I stared at the wall in front of me.  

“She got bite.  Turned.  And then pushed to the side.  By the people she called family.  This was before...before they burned her.  I asked her to leave the place.  She refused.  One night she showed up to my apartment frantic.  Saying she could never go back to her place of worship.  I asked why and she showed me her fangs.  Three days later she was gone.  I went to the fellowship of the sun and saw her being burned by the sun.  They refused to let her in.  When I got there it was too late.  She wanted to die.  So I let her.  I’m not here to kill Godric.  I’m here because two bad vampires attacked me and he was being kind.  The Fellowship of the Sun can go rot in hell, where they belong.”   Isabel placed her hand on top of my head.  I flinched away but she kept it there.  

“Godric, we were led to believe something that wasn’t true.”  

“Leave us.” Godric said sternly.