He got up from the couch, searching the studio for his keys now.

All the while, the hook of "Sugar Hill" continued on. Heads nodded and adjustments were made. Small talk was had through the intercom, jokes and laughter being traded amongst everyone but me and Will.

I sighed deeply, clutching my book while Dee told the story of Tony laying a verse for a song she was working on.

It took place some time last week, and it sounded like it took a bit of coaxing to get him into the booth.

Probably because I.V. is a group, and it's probably not the smartest idea to be laying solo verses when we don't even have a cohesive group sound that we feel comfortable presenting to the public yet. Just a thought.

"And Tony is so stubborn, oh my God!" Deanna laughed just as the rest of the boys did.

"Hell yeah. He'd rather talk his way out of something with Jedi mind tricks than to just do it," Ishaan confirmed with a chuckle.

"Yes! It took a lot of convincing just to get him to stand in the booth," She chortled.

Hm. I wonder just what kind of convincing it took.

My eyes narrowed at her just before my gaze shifted toward Antonio, who bore that cute ass smile that I'd only see during night drives home.

Yeah, I'm just about ready to jet.

"Found 'em," Will announced while throwing on his beloved 8-ball jacket.

"Found what?" his words had garnered the attention of everyone in the room.

"My keys. I'm finna take Cris home real quick," he explained, causing five pairs of eyeballs to laser into me.

"You leavin'?" Tony asked.

I almost laughed. Like he really cared.

"Yeah. I got a headache," I nodded.

"Oh, well, get better," Ishaan didn't hesitate to turn forward in his seat and start the music again.

"Nice to meet you," Deanna's voice echoed in the mic as I was passing the soundboard.

I offered a fake smile to her as well as everyone else. I didn't bother with my usual goodbye hugs, heading straight for the coat rack, where I grabbed my jacket and waved upon exiting.

I got settled in the passenger seat of Will's car, shivering as we waited for his car to warm up.

"You wanna tell me what you're really mad about?" he asked just before pulling out of his parking spot.

"The fact that my opinion isn't valued in the group," I nodded while repeating the same sentiments from earlier.

"Yeah, but what else? You were staring at Deanna from the moment she walked in."

I folded my arms, my notebook becoming pinned to my chest as I gazed out of the passenger side window.

"I don't know... It's just like... y'all made this big deal about me being in the group and how special I was, but... as soon as she walked in, I didn't exist anymore. My efforts didn't matter anymore."

Will nearly snorted. "Cris, come on."

"No. I will not 'come on.' You asked me what was wrong, and I'm telling you. Don't discount my feelings."

"I'm not discounting—"

"Yes, you are!"

He sighed while pulling his hat further down onto his rubber-banded locs. "Well, what do you want me to say?"