"Are you kidding me?"

". . .No?"

My mouth drops open and I laugh before running around everyone to the cake.

I think i'm in actual heaven.

I dip my finger in the frosting and lick my finger clean.

Oh, it's so good.

I smile so wide that my cheeks hurt.

"Happy birthday, Allaura." Aeryn appears beside me and hands me a small box.

"What's this?"

"Just open it."

I take the small box out of her hands and slowly lift off the lid.

"Aeryn." I say in awe staring at the necklace. "This is so beautiful."

It's a necklace that has a thin silver chain, and in the middle dangles a sparkling star.

"You shouldn't have." I smile and take the necklace in my own hands before setting the box on the table.

The star twinkles in the light when I move it around, so does the thin silver chain.

"Let me." She says and takes the necklace from my hand.

I remove my hair from my neck and Aeryn moves behind me with the necklace.

"I saw it inside a store the other day and Dominic mentions your birthday, so I had to get it." She explains and puts the necklace around my collarbone.

I touch the small star that now dangles at my neck and smile. "Thank you so much."

"Of course." She smiles softly and then I pull her into a hug. She laughs and hugs me back tightly.

"You have to try the cake. It's the best thing you can eat." I say and pull away before motioning to the cake. "Come on." I smile and grab a knife before slicing a cake for the both of us.

Aeryn takes the plate and grabs a fork before we both dig in.

When the spongy cake hits my mouth I almost groan. I can feel the raspberry cream and cake dissolve on my tongue while I chew.

"Oh god, this is amazing." Aeryn says in disbelief before she devours her cake.

I laugh aloud at the sight and she flushes. "Don't laugh. It's really good." She defends and puts away her already finished plate.

"Eat as much as you'd like." I motion over to the tower of the cake.

"You bet I will." We laugh and I look over her shoulder seeing Landon. He smiles at me and I excuse myself before making my way over to him.

"Happy birthday." He opens his arms and I wrap my free arm around him.

"How are you?" I ask and pull away.

"I'm good. It feels nice to finally have a break." He says and smiles at the scene around us.

I sigh and look around me, seeing my friends converse, as well as some guards and servers. They laugh and nudge each other with with their arms.
Everyone here is happy and care free.