Finally, the last costume, Castafiore seemed to be a mix of an old microphone and a wine glass. She was a mother figure to the other costumes. She was a great and talented singer, so much so that her own voice could easily shatter a crystal glass. Selene envied her inwardly. Indeed she always wanted to have a beautiful voice, but she sang like a pan.

"-I am delighted to meet you all!"

Everyone smiled at each other, but the ballerina had the impression that a costume was missing...Yet they were all there before her. So she chased away this impression and moved on.

" -By the way, why did you call me "Prima Ballerina" exactly?"

Plumy Pirouette stepped forward with a light step:

"-Prima Ballerina is your stage name. Every Wonderworld resident has a stage name!
-Oh that sounds fun...But please call me Selene, I'd be much more comfortable with it!
-Very well Selene!"

The young woman, laughed softly.

This time Castafiore spoke up:

"-To come back to your initial concerns, you were worried about your absence in your world, weren't you?
-That's right, yes..."

The costume gave her a warm smile:

"-Don't worry. To put it simply, time doesn't exist here. When you return to your world, it will be as if you had never left!
-I think I'm beginning to understand. Thank you for reassuring me, I can't help worrying about nothing.
-It's normal my child, you have plenty of time to get your bearings.
-And don't be afraid! I will be there to protect your scene from all those monstrous little beasts that are the Negatis!" Nutcracker exclaimed, sword in hand and proud.

Plumy, Milky and Maestro shuddered when they heard the name "Negatis".

"-Nuty, don't mention them, you know we are afraid of them!
-What are Negatis?" Selene asked, head tilted to the right, curious.

Castafiore sighed at the sight of these four cowards:

"Unlike the Tims, the Negatis are born from human negativity. You will recognize them easily. They are usually black or red or blue but this is more rare. They all wear a white mask and multicolored frills. There are several species of Negatis unlike the Tims who have only one round shape.
-But don't worry they don't come here often! Unless their Maestro orders them to!
-Milky Way!" shouted Maestro in fear.

Nutcraker made big eyes at her. Apparently she had talked too much.

"-How many times has Balan told us not to mention this Maestro!
-I-I'm sorry! I panicked!!!"

Selene was becoming more and more questioning. She had suspected that Balan had hidden something from her...

"-Their Maestro?"

Castafiore led Selene to the center of the large stage.

"-Forget what that little airhead said. Pretend you never knew about the existence of this second Maestro.
-But...
-Selene, I'm serious." Cut she of a dry tone.

The ballerina nodded silently. Why did Castafiore vaguely remind her of Madame Leonidova...?

She was still curious... Who was this second Maestro, and why was it forbidden to talk about it?

She sighed and readjusted her bun.

Milky Way walked timidly towards Selene.

"-May I offer you a little help by way of apology?
-Oh but with pleasure!"

The little star cleared her throat.

"The Wonderworld gives you the ability to make anything you want appear on your stage! You just have to think about it very hard!
-Is that all?
-You don't have to try, you'll see it's fantastic!"

She followed the advice of the costume and began to think. The first thing that came to her mind was her dancing shoes... Her fetish blue silk shoes that she loved so much. She thought about it very hard, she felt the urgent need to have them on her feet right now. A light thud was heard and Selene opened her eyes.

The slippers were at her feet, to Selene's amazement. She hurried to put them on.

"You see, the Wonderworld is great, right?
-It is simply incredible...
-Well now what are you waiting for to dance?!"

Dancing...

It is at this moment that her mind came back to "reality". She remained stoic on the stage.

"-But I don't want to dance."

*

* *

" -Do you really think it's a good idea to come in? I do not wish to be noticed..."

Lance stood in front of the entrance to Selene's stage. Not only had Guragura convinced him, but the Maestro had sensed the need to check on this new Wonderworld resident. Despite the fact that he was moving further and further away from the humans, he could still feel their emotional distress.

Guragura answered him with a small, curmudgeonly cry:

"-Of course I could move to higher ground, so she won't see me. I don't want to scare her."

He wanted to promise himself that he would only visit her one last time. He didn't want to deal with her, he didn't want her to condemn him.

After all, humans had never wondered what happened to their past negativity.

He already imagined the classic scenario: He would help her, she would thank him and go away leaving her negativity without realizing it and end of story.

He put his hand on the door and felt that melody again.

"-A soft spring breeze."

He could not lie to himself. That melody was so bewitching to him, that he had this terrible urge to take a look at the young woman to whom it belonged.

"-Very well you won let's go. But only you and I, I don't want her to be afraid of the Negatis."

And he opened the door with an elegant and light snap of his fingers.