pt.11

Negan calls for his men to help get my bags up to his bedroom. "Please be careful with them, there's some fragile things in those." I ask holding the picnic basket. One if them rolls his eyes and Negan glares at him making him get back to what he was doing. Negab holds my hand and smiles at me. "Come on doll, let's get you comfortable." I smile softly and we walk into the compound. We make our way up some stairs. Something in me is almost excited to be here with Negan. He's comforting in a way. Its not like being around normal people. He's got something in his eyes, a sadness of loss. But in that sadness is a powerful man. I admire that.

We reach his door and Negan welcomes me in. Men are placing my bags down and I thank them. "Welcome home doll." He pauses and tilts his head. "Hmm, you know, I don't think doll suits you actually. I'll have to try other nicknames." He laughs and I blush. The men leave and I go over and sit on his bed. Negan stands by the door smiling at me until one of his men comes up to him. The two talk in a whisper and I watch as Negan's face flashes with iritation. He walks over to me and kneels down infront of me taking my hands in his. "I've got some business to attend to hun. I promise I'll get back here as soon as I can. But until then do me a favor and stay here. If you get lonely knock on the door. One of my men will be outside and he'll take you to see the girls." He kisses my hands and I nod. Negan leaves the room closing the door behind him.

Letting out a sigh I fall back on the bed. It was comfy enough so I just pack ratted myself into the  blankets. The smell of Negan on the blankets makes me squeal. For a first relationship this is pretty nice. I get out of the bed, make it, and then get my record player out. Since I'm going to be here alone for a while I might as well get comfortable. Setting up the record player I smile and grab one of the discs. I place it down and the needle starts the music.

Music fills the room and I squeal dancing around the room. I sing along to the song and grab my food from off the couch.

~~~~

Pretty sure I fell asleep at some point because I woke up to a loud song  from my record player. "How the fuck did I fall asleep in this hell hole?" I'd already run out of things to do a few hours ago. Getting up off the couch I walk over to the door. "I need air." I mumble as I open the door. Only a bit to check if anyone was there. The man from before was gone, I assumed they were switching shifts. I stepped out the room and quietly shut the door behind me.

The sound of my shoes on the floor was near non existent. I keep walking around just getting familiar with the building till I can find an exit. Some of the people almost saw me but thankfully there were corners to hide behind. Finally I found a way out. The door was a few meters away and there were Negan's men around. Breathing in deep I walk with my head held high to the door. "Where you goin missy?" One of the men asks me and I look over at him. "Out. I need some air." I respond trying to hold on to the facade that I was confident. "Did Negan give you permission to go out?" He asks looking around. I feel mu leg start to go out on me. "Yes. He said I could." The men look at eachother then back at me. "Fine, I'll take your word for it." They let me out and I put one foot infront of the other. As the door closes behind me I let out the biggest sigh ever and clutch my heart. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I swear I could feel a cold sweat down my back. I start to take deep breath but the air was almost dry. Looking around I see people working. Negan must be inside, or out. Either way I'm taking full advantage of this situation. I start to walk around. The atmosphere felt heavy with everyone's emotions. My grandma always said that empaths had a harder time around people and shit she was right.

I lean against one of the trucks and feel slightly dizzy. Why'd my brain have to be wired this way? A hand lands on my shoulder and I jump. "Ah!" "Hey, hey, it's okay. You're that girl Negan brought in this morning right?" A blonde man asks. I nod and take a step back from the man. "Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you. You're acting like a little scared rabbit." He chuckles. Something about him didn't sit right with me. I look around to see if others were around. "If you're looking for Negan he's back inside. Had to uh, work on some stuff." I nod quietly again and start walking away. "Well bye I guess." He waves and I speed walk to the door. The speed walk turns to a jog. I open the door and my jog becomes a run. I start running in the direction of the large hall like room negan took me to the day before. He should be there hopefully. I run in onto the balcony. Frantically I look around for Negan. Where is he? He wasn't supposed to leave me alone this long! Where is he?! I run out after not seeing him in the hall. Tears are starting to burn my eyes as I run back to my room.

I can hear my heart beating in my eardrums as I run. I never was much of a runner. But today it's like I'm some sort of prey in the clutches of a beast. I reach the door of Negan's room and see a man standing there. Ignoring him I run in and close the door behind me. My back lands against the door and I slide down. "I never should have come here." I whisper to myself. Where is he?