Chapter Twenty Three

*Regina's POV*
I woke up and looked around. I was in a room, but where? I tried to sit up, but then realized I was strapped onto a metal table. I tried to move my arms. But they were strapped down too, as well as my legs. There was something attached to each of my temples. Then, they returned. "Oh good. You're awake." He said with an evil grin. I didn't say anything or show any emotion. "Did you miss me?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Wonderful family you have. Slutty woman. Gay son. You sure know how to pick 'em." He said and I felt the anger build. "Emma's not slutty. Henry is not gay." I said, very calmly. "Oh, you're right. He's bisexual. Cause there's such a difference." He said. I clenched my jaw. "So, Madame Mayor. Ready to die?" The girl asked. I stared at the ceiling. "Don't tell them about the baby. Emma will find you." I thought to myself. "Don't worry. We won't kill you. Yet." He said. I could feel my heart rate speed up. "So. What happened to my dad? Where is he?" He asked as he walked over to a lever. I breathed in. "I let him go. He's not here." I said. "Liar!" He screamed and pulled the lever. Electric shocks flowed through the patches on my temple and I screamed in pain. He turned it off, then flipped on a switch. "Let me ask you again. Where is he?" He asked. "He's not here." I said. He pulled the lever and more shocks came, except there were even more. My back arched off of the table and my eyes narrowed in pain. He pushed the lever up and tears poured from my eyes. The girl looked at me, then at him. "Greg.. I don't think she's lying." She said. He looked at her. "Why wouldn't she be?" He spit. "She's married. She has a son. She's pregnant.. Why would she want your dad?" She asked. How do they know I'm pregnant? Maybe Emma told them. "To torture me." He said. They continued arguing and I just hoped Emma found me soon.
*Emma's POV*
"You've reached Regina Swan-Mills, leave me a message." Her voicemail said for the fourth time. She's been gone for 6 hours. It's 8 pm. I dialed another number and waited for an answer. "Hello?" He asked. "Neal!Where did they take Regina?" I asked. "Shit! They got her?! Oh fuck, Emma! We have to find her! They have a whole torture chamber set up at the beach in the old warehouse! I'll meet you there!" He screamed. I hung up and felt tears pour from my eyes. I flashed myself outside of the warehouse and held the gun to my side. Neal ran up and I tossed him a gun. He switched the safety off and held it. I did the same. "Follow me." He said. I nodded. He pushed the door open lightly and we walked in. "She could be anywhere!" I whispered. He shook his head. "Move to the back. Keep me covered." He whispered. I nodded and we moved towards the back of the warehouse. I heard screaming. I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach. "That's Regina." I whispered. He nodded and we ran towards where the scream came from. I kicked the door in and saw the girl trying to help Regina. I ran over and saw the man collapsed on the floor, blood dripping from his head. "We have to get her out of here. I don't know how long he'll be out." The girl said, working at one of the straps on Regina's wrist. I started at another one and looked at the girl. "Why are you helping us?" I asked. She looked up. "Because I know she's not lying." She said. "As soon as you get out of here, take her to the doctor. You need to make sure the baby is okay." The girl said. I nodded and moved to the patches on her temples. "I'm so sorry." I whispered and a tear fell from my eye. I pulled off the patch and she didn't even flinch. She had a dead stare on her eyes. I pulled the other one off and she was free. She slowly sat up and turned. She tried to stand up, but she almost collapsed. I scooped her in my arms and looked at Neal. "Take her to the ER. Tell them what happened. Tell them she's three months pregnant. I'll be there as soon as I can get there." I said. He nodded and took her in his arms, bridal style. He ran out of the room and I pulled my gun from my pocket. I looked at Tamara who looked scared. "Don't worry. I'm not going to shoot you." I said. She nodded. "Him? I might shoot." I said. She nodded. "You have another gun?" she asked. Neal's was laying on the ground. I picked it up and handed it to her. She smiled and took the safety off. "I've got you covered." she said. I nodded. He started waking up and he looked around. He grinned evilly and stood up. "Ooh. So scary. One girl with a gun." He said and looked at me. "I'm the sheriff here. I'm a lot scarier than you think." I said. He laughed. "And she's not alone." Tamara said. He looked at her and saw the gun. His face turned into fear. "You turned my girlfriend against me?" He asked and looked at me. "She didn't do anything. I realized how scummy you are when you were torturing an innocent woman." Tamara said. He looked at her and smirked. "You two are bluffing. Neither of you would actually shoot me." He said and lunged towards Tamara. She didn't flinch. She shot him right in the chest. He fell to the ground in pain. "Shit." He mumbled. I moved towards him and he tried to get to me. I shot him in between his eyes. I turned the safety on and backed away. Tamara turned the safety on her gun and tried to give it to me. I shook my head. She put it in her hoodie pocket. There was blood pooling around his dead body. Tears fell from my eyes. I can't believe I just shot this man.
*Regina's POV*
My whole body is in pain. I'm worried about Emma because she sent Neal and I to the hospital and stayed behind. As we were leaving, we heard three gunshots and I started worrying even more. When we got to the hospital, Neal explained everything to the receptionist. I was put on a stretcher and rolled to a room. Dr. Whale entered and smiled weakly. Neal was standing by my bed. After doing an ultrasound, he said the baby was fine. I calmed down a little, but still worried about Emma. "Neal.." I said with a scratchy voice. He looked at me sadly. "Go get Henry. Bring him here. Please." I said. He nodded and walked out. Tears fell from my eyes. Neal returned with Henry after 30 minutes and Henry got in the bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. "Mom. Are you okay?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "I'm okay. I'm just weak." I said. "You should get some rest." Neal said. I nodded and closed my eyes. Exhaustion quickly took over.
*Emma POV*
It's 10:30. Neal texted me and told me that Regina was in a room and asleep at the hospital. I ran towards the hospital. Tamara wouldn't let me help with Greg's body. I gave her my number and told her to call me and I'd help her get to wherever she needed to go. I got to the hospital and ran to room 232. I opened the door and saw Regina asleep in the bed and Henry sitting beside Neal on the couch. Henry ran over to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry I got mad at you. You were only trying to protect me. I'm sorry." Henry said. I rubbed his back. "It's okay Hen. I'm not mad." I said. "I love you Ma." He said. I nodded. "I love you too." I said. He pulled away from me and sat back down. Neal stood up and walked over. I smiled weakly. "Thank you. I really appreciate you bringing her for me." I said. He nodded. "Of course." He said. "The baby's fine. Regina's fine. Just going to have headaches for a while. She's sleeping now. She'll probably wake up soon." he said. I nodded. "Tamara and I killed Greg. She's at the warehouse." I said. He nodded. "I'm going to go check on her. I'll Uh... See you later." He said. I nodded and he walked out. After four hours, Regina woke up. "Emma." She said. I stood up and walked over to her. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Don't worry about me. Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded. "What time is it?" She asked. "2:30 am." I said. She nodded. "I love you Emma." She said. I smiled. "I love you too." I said. Henry was asleep on the couch. I caressed her cheek gently and she smiled. "You'll get to go home tomorrow." I said. She nodded. "Can you call Whale in here?" She asked. "Of course." I said. I hit the call button and we waited. After about 5 minutes, he walked in. "Yes?" He asked. "Can I have more meds?" Regina asked. He nodded. "Is your headache worse?" He asked. She nodded. "It's a full on migraine now." She said. He nodded and walked out. He returned with two white pills and a small cup of water. She took the pills and drank all of the water. "You'll be able to leave tomorrow morning." He said. She nodded and leaned back against the pillow. He walked out. "Em.. Is Greg... Still here?" She asked. I shook my head. "Tamara and I shot him." I said. She nodded. "Emma... I love you." she said. I smiled. "I love you too." I said. And in this moment, I realized, I would do whatever it takes to protect her.