Chapter 1

Prologue

The world has changed.

Gates, monsters, the system, players.

Concepts that did not exist before were newly added.

Those who want to guard and those who want to invade.

The battles between the two forces took place around the world.

1 year, 2 years, 3 years... ... 5 years.

[November 4, 2024]

System messages flowed into the ears of all players.

[The final boss of the Earth Area, the Frost Queen appears.]

[Upon her defeat, safe zones will be added.]

The final boss! If we kill her, we can live like before!

Numerous players were determined, and people had hope.

For one day.

That's how long it took for hope to turn into despair.

On that day, the Frost Queen walked out of the gate with a noble step.

With one gesture, it froze the South Pacific Ocean.

It was an overwhelming power that froze people's will to determination.

There were those who weren't frozen at that time.

Only five.

The best players in the world, and they boarded a plane heading for the South Pole.

"Let's go catch the Frost Queen."

To do what everyone thought was impossible.

The last dungeon located in Antarctica. The second floor of the Queen's Nest.

Five men and women arrived in front of the upward staircase.

At the same time, a message popped up.

[Only one person can climb the stairs.]

"Are you fucking kidding me? After coming all this way?" A muscular man stomped the floor with a loud bang as he swore.

"Doesn't that mean that the other four will die here?"

From the moment they entered the Nest, they'd been chased by the Frost Queen's breath. There was only one way to avoid getting frozen by the poisonous breath: to keep climbing. This meant that only one person would ascend and that the remaining four would freeze to death.

"...There's only two minutes left until the breath catches up. Let's choose quickly," the Great Mage Skaya said as she looked at the others.

"I think Specter should go. He has the best chance of killing the Frost Queen."

"I could kill her too."

"And who would win in a fight between you two?"

"...Tsk. Touche." The muscular giant raised his hands in surrender.

The man wearing a cowboy hat, Gilbert Green nodded in agreement. "I agree. With the exception of Specter, our odds against the Frost Queen aren't too great."

"...That's true."

He was right. Rahmadat Khali had great physical strength, but that wouldn't be a match for the Frost Queen. If she so much as breathed or raised her hand, the entire area around her would freeze.

It was the same for Tenmei Mio, who wielded a Japanese katana. Her and Skaya already had their hands full guarding against the Frost Queen's approach from the rear guard.