Of Mu wan and Daffodils

Start from the beginning

On the way,  Tian asked about details trip and his work to which Phu diligently answered with details except for one which he decided to reveal later. Even before they knew it, they were a few minutes closer to the base, the thick trees cast a veil of dark shadow just a few metres away from the entrance.

"Huwhna, thanks for the ride." Saying so he leaned in closer towards Chief's ear and in that very moment he nibbled at Chief Phupha's earlobe that stiffened Phupha all over, Tian withdrew himself as they came into the illuminated area. Tian was sure that the bike swayed while he bit Chief's earlobe.

"Huwhna, I'm hungry naaa." Tian said that while grinning from ear to ear as he got off the bike."He gasped as he looked at Chief Phu. "Oh my my, Huwhna, why are your ears and neck so red. Woah." 

"Tian krab, don't worry, I came across a naughty pomeranian, he was being undeniably bold. I plan to return his feelings twice a fold."

"Hooo, how lucky that the pomeranian gets all the attention from Huwhna."

"Na rak Krab." They intentionally started a staring contest until Tian can longer stand that flirtatious gaze being directed at him

Chief took Tian's tote bag from Tian, he still didn't drop the coquettish look on his face. "Let's go Tian. Let's have dinner." And Tian happily accompanied Phupha towards the quarters.

As they entered the dining area, Yod and Rang were waiting for them while chopping the vegetables.  "Good Evening Chief, Tian." 

"Good evening Yod, Rang," Tian replied as he made his way towards the tap to wash his hands. 

"Chief we've already boiled the rice. The chicken soup is ready." Rang reported excitedly. Everyone was aware of Rang's love for meat.  

"The soup smells great!" Tian spoke as he smelled the spicy aroma fills the air. "Chief Phupha let us instruction before he left to get you. He sorted the ingredients too." 

"Aish, Yod." 

"Ah ah, Okie Okie. Huwhna why don't you go and change? I'll help Yod and Rang set up the table." 

Chief Huwhna forcefully made Tian sit at the table. "Tian sit down, I'll help set the table." He thanked Yod and Rang for the help and asked them to freshen up and join them for dinner. Chief set a glass of water for Tian and a bowl of grapes before he hovered over the stove busily frying the pork and preparing green papaya salad (som tam) on the other hand. 

"What are you making Huwhna? Why don't you let me cook? Aren't you tired?" Tian looked at him questioningly. 

"I'm making Mu wan and some Som Tam. Well, I wanted to take a turn cooking today. However, I had Yod and Rang help me today, luckily."

"But you must be tired."

"I'm fine. It must be done soon. Ah thank god, I had them clean and boil the meat earlier." Chief internally cooed at Tian who was worried and looking at him intently with those doe shaped eyes that sparkled more under the light, if only his busybody friend was present, he couldn't stop him from howling and passing snarky comments throughout the dinner. He was sure that as soon as Dr Nam came back he would start fishing for unnecessary details from Yod and Rang.

"Okie, If you say so" Tian watched fondly watched Huwhna move around, settling the plates, adding the spices and preparing the salad. In between, he kept taking candid pictures of Huwhna though his Chief shied away from the camera he never denied Tian from taking them. Tian knew deep inside that Chief Phu showed this relaxed and laid back side only to him because he knew how Chief held a strict and stern demeanour around others, giving others an icy cold view of Chief. Tian felt his heart swell upon the privilege and attention he received from the world's sweetest man. Tian's heart desired for more of it, he wanted to keep this happiness and this man for himself selfishly.