(Bonus chapter 4) AIDEN WILDER - DENIAL CLIFF & NEGATION PIT

Start from the beginning

"Trust me, she likes you." She sighed.

"That explains her weird behavior after you left. She wouldn't even look at me."

"I thought she was always weird."

"Your big toe just crossed a line, Verns."

She laughed briefly. "Thank me later."

The next few days, I knew Margo was confused a lot. When I caught her wrist to impede her disastrous tripping, I swear I could have painted the whole school pink with her blush. It only confused her more and in an invalid way, I liked her confused, but I also wanted everything to be clear because this wasn't a game to me. She was ravine-deep important to me. I needed to make it lucid as soon as possible because if Elec didn't wedge herself between us when I had her by her wrist, I would have messed up all and any chances with Margo by kissing her. It was all I could think of when she was that close to me. Margo Fawn had the effect of bringing out involuntary reactions from me a lot. I was infuriated when she thought I had something going on with Fiona.

"What was that with Fiona?" As much as I liked her getting all worked up like that, I did not like her thinking that I had something with Fiona. Fiona made me uncomfortable. That was what I had with Fiona, a series of uncomfortable encounters.

"What do you think?" I asked frustrated. I had been waiting to tell her what I felt for more than a year. I had gotten involved in a really debasing scuffle. I had to keep Fiona out of my way all the time. I had the right to get infuriated.

"I mean, I saw the pictures of you and her. You were very cozy in it. She was leaning in on you." She fired.

Wretched pictures! "Yes... she leaned in. She leaned in for a kiss. She was too drunk." I took a swig of water, as if throwing water on fire. "That doesn't mean I like her." That was the closest I could get to tell her I like her when I was raging like this.

"What?" She shook her head in an adamant frustration. "I thought you like her. If not, then why did you go to the party she invited you for?"

"I told you... I went to punch Kyle straight in the face." My tone had rapidly changed to extreme ice. "Wait... who else do you think I like? First Verena, now Fiona."

"Aiden, you blush every time Fiona flirts with you." This frustrating tension between us wasn't doing any good for any of us, including Elec and Irsia. They were equally frazzled.

"I blush? Really?" My involuntary reaction kicked in and I leaned on my elbows in the table. "She makes me uncomfortable."

"So you don't like her?"

Her dead-set denial got me in the last nerve. "You know what, Margo. You are so dumb. You just can't see what's right in front of you, can you?" I stormed out of the cafeteria. If I had stayed there one more minute, I would have either broken my hand punching into the table or I'd have kissed her. I preferred the latter by every inch of my being, but wrong timing had been ruling me.

When she sent me the poem, I knew the unknown number was hers. She was the only one who could write poems like that. I decided to write one for her. That was the way she deserved to be loved.

I knew I did well with the poem when she got ready to take off. I was trying to figure out a way to stop her from leaving and goad the truth out of her because this denial game had been messing with me for weeks now and I wanted to end it my way. When she stamped on her raincoat, one of my favorites of her accessories, I knew she would trip and probably fall. I had a surge of reflex to grab her before she could end up falling in front of my eyes. Also, I had to be careful of where I grabbed her -I didn't want to come off as a pervert. The stars aligned my hands to the small of her back, helping me get a slight grip of her waist. I shut the cupboard door behind her back with the full intention of caging her. That was the only way to get her out of this cagey trance that she had set herself in.