Value Yourself!

Good day, everyone! It's Abena; @AN-Abayie here, bringing to you something I believe everyone should know and take seriously. Enjoy!

What does it mean to value yourself?

To me, valuing yourself means loving yourself irrespective of what others think, what you've done; that is the mistakes you've made, those you're yet to make, and even the good things you've done. To value yourself means being able to set boundaries for yourself. It also means exercising patience.

Let's talk about setting boundaries. Setting boundaries here means being able to tell when something is good for you or not. It means not being afraid to flush the toxic things out of your life. It means being strong and putting yourself first when it comes to your relations with others. You don't stand and let others live your life for you; you live your life how you want it but in the right way; accepting the corrections and the good advice people give you on the way. You do not turn a deaf ear to the advice of the elderly and even the young, as long as it brings a good impact. Know when to listen and when to walk away.

Now here are some ways by which you can set boundaries;

*Deleting contacts; know that not everyone is your friend. Some people are just there, bringing negativity into our lives. FLUSH THOSE PEOPLE OUT!

*Know when to say NO and when to say YES. If you're not comfortable with doing something, don't do it. If you're busy and you can't hang out with your friends, don't lie and say you can. If you find yourself in the midst of wrongdoers, FLEE! DO NOT STAY AMONGST THEM.

The importance of being patient. To me, patience should be a virtue every individual should have in their lives because it relieves us of unnecessary stress, saves us from trouble we could get into if we let our anger get the best of us, and a lot more.

NOTE: HAVING PATIENCE DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE WEAK! IT MEANS YOU ARE STRONG!

In cases where someone does something that annoys you or makes your blood boil, take deep breaths, think of things that make you happy; anything other than that person, and relax. DO NOT let your emotions get the best of you. That person may want you to retaliate, DO NOT give in. They may expect you to act back, I repeat, DO NOT ACT BACK because you are better than what they think about you.

BUT...

when a person pushes you too far; when a person tries to make you look weak, show them who's boss. This doesn't mean throw a fist or get into a fight with them but make them understand that your silence-- your patience doesn't mean you are weak.

IT ONLY MEANS YOU ARE A SENSIBLE AND MATURE PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT IS RIGHT AND ACTS WHEN THE NEED ARISES.

Always stand for what is right. Note that, when you stand and watch a bad deed go on, and you don't do anything about it(report to authority), you are as bad as the people actually committing that offense. I know people say, no one likes a snitch. "But I'd rather be a snitch and not liked than be quiet and liked, while wrong is being done."

Always remember that you are you. And no matter what you do to change that, you will always be you.

Demand respect!

Cherish yourself!

There's no like you! Even if you're a twin, triplet, or whatever, your other is not like you!

Learn to own up for your mistakes. Blaming someone doesn't solve it.

Forgive yourself!

Accept compliments. You are beautiful!

Be grateful for every little thing in your life.

Dream BIG.

Stop comparisons. You are capable of more than you know.

Be humble; do not be proud.

Don't settle for less. You are worth more.

Thank you for reading this. I hope it's helped you in one way or the other. Have a great day!

@AN-Abayie.