Chapter 5: New Threats, New Plans

Depuis le début

-Twenty minutes earlier-

"Tangle!" Arnec yelled as Tangle collapsed onto the ground. Arnec growled as he put his hand on his sword, cyan electricity crackling off the scabbard. Metal Sonic looked at the wolf, seemingly dumbstruck by the wolf's fury. Arnec felt something inside, like a demon coming out before he dashed forward, his blade launching from it's scabbard into an arc in front of him. He managed to strike Metal Sonic, cutting deeply into him. He swapped to Lucifer and went to work. Right jab to his shoulder, left palm strike to the lower chest. He then spun quickly, backhanding Metal Sonic right in the face. Arnec was pretty much moving at lightning speed as he dodged Metal Sonic's attacks and responded with his own. He grabbed his head and slammed into down onto his knee, Lucifer's knee plates doing some blunt damage. He then did a back flip, his feet hitting Metal Sonic right in the chin and knocking him back. Metal Sonic recovered, rushing at Arnec. Arnec rushed at him too, the both charging straight at each other. Arnec swung his sword and Metal Sonic swung his claw. Both shot by each other, stopping. Metal Sonic collapsed, oil spilling onto the ground. Arnec had his hand on his stomach before holding it up, his hand covered in blood. He looked at his side and noticed that Metal Sonic had managed to get him. He sighed before picking up Tangle and rushing her inside. Tangle blushed as she looked at her arm, Arnec stitching it up. "So... You're gonna be okay, right?" Tangle asked. Arnec blushed as he bit a piece of string "Why do you care so much about me, eh?" Arnec asked. Tangle looked at him "Why wouldn't I?"
"I'm a half breed." Arnec said, rolling his eyes. "So?" Tangle asked. Arnec looked at her with a confused face, unable to even respond. He then smirked "Yeah, your arm looks pretty bad. I miiiight have to amputate it..."
"You better not!" Tangle yelled. Arnec cracked a weak smile, almost like it hurt to smile "I-I was just kidding." he said shyly. Tangle smiled "Someone's done brooding I think!" Tangle said jokingly, attempting to punch him with her hurt arm before it stung in pain. Both smiled at each other before Whisper woke up "What in the-!?" She started before just walking out the door. Arnec and Tangle looked at each other before getting up. They stepped outside and Whisper looked at them "Any of you know why Metal Sonic's corpse is here?" She asked bluntly, looking at Arnec in particular. "Yeah, we took him down." Arnec said, looking at Tangle. They heard a rumbling before Sonic appeared! "Hey, need some help at HQ!" he yelled. Arnec raised an eyebrow "What is it?"
"Those Demons you brought with you!"
Arnec growled "Demons that I brought?"
Sonic smirked "You're half demon, obviously they're attracted to ya! And well-" before he could finish, Arnec had dashed at him, tackling him "I'm trying to save your world, me and Tangle done took out Metal Sonic for your sorry butt!" Arnec yelled, his fangs growing. He noticed something about Sonic. His eyes weren't green, but brown instead. Whisper had noticed top, and swapped her Wispon to laser mode, aiming right at his head. Sonic rolled Arnec off and the two growled. Arnec looked at Tangle "Don't get involved, me and Whisper will handle this!" he yelled.
(Assault fire - Resident Evil 5)

Arnec and Mimic rushed at each other, Arnec doing a cartwheel kick as he swapped to Lucifer. Mimic spun around him and attempted a back flip kick, narrowly missing as Arnec dashed back. Whisper took aim and just narrowly missed Mimic. She growled as she took aim. Arnec slid by and kicked Mimic right in the knees, knocking him forward off his feet. Mimic did a somersault and got back on his feet, Whisper firing another laser. The laser hit Mimic in his arm, the quills burning as he growled. He quickly went to Spindash Arnec, who swapped to Deimos right in time to block the ball of fury. Mimic was launched back and Arnec swapped to Lucifer before grabbing his leg, punching him in the face so hard it left an imprint in the ground. Arnec got into a fighting stance like a boxer, his hands up as he waited for Mimic to get up. Mimic got up and jumped, attempted to elbow him. Arnec shot back and jabbed him in the jaw before kneeling his face. He got back into his boxing position, his body shifting weight from side to side. Mimic went for a spin dash and shot at Arnec like a rocket. Arnec quickly caught him, shoving him into the ground. Mimic rolled back before rushing at Arnec again. The Wolf smiled before he uppercutted him so hard it knocked him out of his Sonic form! Mimic flew back violently, landing on his back. He got up, pulling out a knife. "Arnec-"
"I know." Arnec said as Mimic rushed at him. Whisper fired a laser, blasting the knife out of his hand. Arnec took the opportunity and tackled him, Lucifer's shoulder plate jabbing into Mimic's stomach. Arnec brought him to the ground and punched his stomach, knocking the air out of him. Before Mimic could get up Arnec had lifted him by his legs, slamming him onto his back. Mimic growled in pain before passing out. Whisper hopped down, looking at her former squad member before putting some restraints on him. "This time you're not escaping." Whisper said as she picked him up, rushing him inside. There was a radio on the ground, Starline on the other end "Mimic, you there? Mimic, you better respond!"
Arnec smirked and picked it up "Mimic has been captured, you're next."
"Who are...?"
"Who gave you the Demons?"
"Like I would tell you! Who even is this!?"
"Arnec. Me and you met at Spiral Hill."
"The white wolf..." Starline said quietly. Arnec smirked "Now, I want to know what Tygrys is up to."
"Who?"
"Come on, I know you're working with him. Don't lie to me."
"I have no idea what you're talking about. And even if I knew... It matters not, I'm already on the way of taking the Chaos Emeralds. You cannot stop us."
"Say what you want. You're just wasting your breath."
Starline simply chuckled before the radio cut out. Arnec smirked "Well, didn't even say goodbye? Rude." he said before sighing like his own sarcasm was disappointing. He looked at Tangle "We have to get to Restoration HQ, ensure the Chaos Emeralds' safety!" Tangle nodded. Arnec then walked up to her "Need to do this first though." he said before unwrapping her arm and rubbing his hand around the stitched up part. Slowly it healed a bit more "I think I just figured that out."
"What?"
"My healing powers aren't as strong as my mother's, but I have them. Just... Hold on a minute." he said as he gently slid his hand across her arm. The wound then healed, slowly but surely. Tangle looked at her arm, then at Arnec as he dusted off his coat. They looked at each other right as Whisper came out of the museum. "Jewel said the printers had enough ink, sadly. Mimic is in the basement if you wanna bully him." she said as she looked at them. "Let's head out. I don't want to waste time that we don't have."
"I gotta go do something first. I'll meet you at Restoration HQ." she said before walking off. Arnec looked at Tangle and they shrugged before Arnec opened a portal using his sword. They got inside and everything was in chaos, Sonic on the ground, breathing heavily. Arnec and Tangle rushed to him "You alright!?" Arnec asked, kneeling by him. "I'm... Fine... Shadow has the Chaos Emeralds. Those Demons wore me out!" Sonic said as Arnec helped him up. Arnec smirked "You sure you're all right?"
"Yeah. Got everyone else to safety while I fought them off. Encountered Starline but last I heard he was headed to Angel Island. Mimic though, no clue where he is. He wasn't with Starline and he didn't mention anything about him."
"Mimic's been dealt with. In fact, he was impersonating you!" Tangle said, smiling a little. Sonic chuckled "Wish I would've been there. Show em' you can't mimic the real thing!" he said, putting his fist up. Arnec looked at Sonic "So, Angel Island is under protection?"
"Yeah, Knuckles should have it under control! He's the strongest guy I know!"
Arnec nodded "Knuckles... He's an Echidna, right?"
"Yeah, why you asking?"
"My mother told me stories of an Echidna family that used to protect Angel Island. Said they were incredibly skilled warriors."
"Like I said, Knuckles is the strongest person I know! Tangle's pretty close." Sonic said, shrugging and smiling. Whisper walked in, sporting new light blue pants and a new blue jacket. Tangle almost gasped at seeing her best friend's new outfit "Whisp, where's your cloak!? Don't you need it for your wisps!?"
Whisper smiled, her eyes open just a little as she spread the jacket open, revealing the wisp capsules inside held the same way as her old cloak did. Tangle and Whisper talked while Arnec and Sonic looked at the wrecked headquarters "So... Learned anything about our unwanted guests?" Sonic asked. Arnec smirked "Not much, but I'm even more confused. Spoke to Starline from Mimic's radio, turned out that he didn't know my uncle... That... Confuses me beyond belief."
"Why's that?"
"Well... My uncle would be the only one with access to an elder dragon. In fact, that elder dragon was one of his favorite little demons to use."
Sonic smiled a little "What's the demon realm like?"
"Before or after getting wrecked?"
"Before I guess?"
"If you were a demon, paradise. If you were a mobian, you'd get a lot of dirty looks and comments. Half and half like me? Worse than you can ever imagine. Can't be around other kids because you're "Different" and you can't go to school, other crap. Lost my father there when I was ten and my uncle went nuts. My mother... I lost her a year later..."
Sonic shook his head "Jeez that's rough. I never even got to meet my parents."
"I think it's better to never know your parents than to know them and have them pried from you. You don't get attached as easily to something you never know. That... Might just be me." Arnec said as he looked at Sonic. "I guess... Can... I ask you something? We don't know each other all thar much so I think you'll give an honest answer."
"What is it?"
"For a while, I've been trying to finish Eggman off, but I always hold myself back. He lost his memory and became the Tinkerer for a bit, and well... I kinda liked it, even if it did feel weird. But then Rough and Tumble... Then Starline... They made him get his memories back! I want to just finish him off, but I know that he could change!" Sonic said before punching the wall. Tangle and Whisper looked over before continuing their conversation. Arnec put his hand on his shoulder "I'll be real with you, I've got something kinda like that. I want to kill my uncle in revenge for my family. But... I don't know if I can. I mean, he is part of my family! And I've lived by a code of honor my entire life, not to spill the blood of my own family and yet... That's my one desire... For six years I've wanted that man dead! It's driving me insane!" Arnec said, his fangs extending as he had the quick flashbacks. Sonic smiled a little "You know, you remind me of an old friend. I don't remember his name but he was from some old country. I think it was... Eurish? I don't remember the name, but he was pretty cool. Used a sword, just like you and had his own little code of honor. I wonder what happened to him..." Sonic said before narrowing his eyes and looking at something, causing Arnec to look at his sword. He took it off his side, looking at the dark blue scabbard. He smirked "I mentioned that my sword could be used to travel dimensions, but... I never said how. When my father separated realm from realm, it nearly killed him. His body just could not hold that power, him having to be a conduit between realms. So he uses three swords to hold the power of each realm. He used his own sword, the Ares, for the demon realm..." he said before the Ares phased onto his back, him grabbing it before sheathing it and it disappearing again "...Then the Sol Dimension's power was put into the Phobos, my brother's blade that..." his eyes narrowed as he paused. "...Went missing six years ago. Then finally my sword, the Deimos, was used to contain Mobius' power. Moreso each held an artifact's sheer power. For the Ares, the Warp Topaz. For the Phobos, the Sol Emeralds. For the Deimos? The Chaos Emeralds themselves."
"What about the Master Emerald?"
"The Master Emerald was an anchor point. And there was at one point, more than one Warp Topaz. Only one remains that I know of, however." Arnec said quietly. Sonic crossed his arms "So that sword of yours, it has the energy of the Chaos Emeralds?"
"Sorta, yes. It's not like I can just go into a super form or anything though. Half breeds can't have one."
"Cant have one? What do you have then? Ya gotta have some power deep inside!"
"The only power I can think of is the demonic power in each blade. But that..." he then paused and heard Lucifer "Hey, I know what you're thinking..."
"You saying it won't work?"
"Never said that. Try it, I like surprises." Lucifer said teasingly. Arnec smirked and Deimos disappeared, Ares taking it's place. Arnec walked outside HQ, Sonic and the others following. Arnec took the blade and swiped to the left smoothly and slowly, twirling the blade and almost dancing as his eyes were closed in concentration. He spun, the blade releasing a purple trail as violet electricity crackled from the blade. He then held the blade straight up before slowly moving it down, the electricity going around him before there was a flash of light... The light faded and in Arnec's place was what looked like a demon. It was black and purple, with a beak like a bird that stretched past it's eyes and lead up to a feathered mane. Wings spread from his side, like an angel. Arnec looked down at his now talons, smiling in surprise. His voice sounded more demonic "It-it worked!"
"Arnec, what just happened!?" Tangle yelled. Arnec smiled "My father's power... It was in his sword!" he said as he drew the Ares, the eye of the sword glowing purple. The demon form faded to purple ash and disappeared, Arnec appearing underneath it, smiling as the Ares was on his back. "This is... Incredible! Using my father's power, I can turn this all around in our favor!" he said as he looked around. Sonic smiled "Although that begs the question. What about your sword? Can you do it with that?"
"Sadly, I have no answer to that. Make sure everyone and the Chaos Emeralds are safe, then we need to work on those hotspots Whisper was talking about." Everyone nodded but before they could do anything, the ground shook. They looked over at an old city before seeing something horrifying... The city was collapsing into the ground... Sonic looked at them "Uh... You all saw that too, right!?! We have to get over there!" he yelled. Arnec nodded and opened a portal with Deimos, them going through. They were on the outskirts of the old city, the buildings old and derelict. It looked like a massive sinkhole had opened up, swallowing the city. Beside of them, was Starline... He was on his knees, seeming traumatized by what he saw. "He... He lied to me! W-What have I done?!?" he yelled. He looked over and saw Sonic and Co. and quickly opened a portal with the Warp Topaz. Sonic and Arnec weren't quick enough to catch him, both face planting. They got up before looking at the massive sinkhole. "Sank the entire city. Guess it's a good thing it was abandoned a long time ago. Why would your uncle want to sink a city though? I, I just don't see a reason." Sonic said, shrugging. Arnec looked over the edge, a faint purple glow deep at the bottom. He focused his eyes, looking deeply at the light.
"No... The Ark..."
"Wait by Ark, you mean Space Colony ARK, right?"
"Not that Ark. A different one, much worse. He can't be... No..."
Tangle walked beside of him "What is it? It can't be that bad!"
Arnec shook his head "He's trying to summon Solaris!" he yelled. Sonic nearly gasped as he heard that name, flashes of old memories flooding into his head. "Solaris!? But... I remember... Me, Shadow and Silver took him out!"
"You can't just simply kill a god. No matter what you do, how hard you try... They always come back. This... If he can summon Solaris..."
"But he needs Mephiles and Iblis!" Sonic yelled. Arnec was still in disbelief as he sat down "Tygrys, what have you done!?" he yelled in his head. They all looked at the swallowed city, the faint purple glow visible at the bottom of the pit. "Why don't we just invade the demon realm??" Whisper asked. Everyone looked at her in shock. "W-whisp!? Are you crazy!?" Tangle asked. "No no, she's got a point. It may sound crazy, but... It could work." "What are you saying?" Sonic asked, turned to them. "He thinks he has the advantage, but Solaris isn't summoned yet, so we could stop him before he can do it! It's just... We'll have to got into the demon realm to do it. And that'll be incredibly dangerous, even for a half demon like myself." Arnec said quietly, looking at his hand. Tangle looked up at him, him smiling a little. They then heard Amy on the radio "Sonic, Sonic!!!" She yelled, clear tone of fear in her voice. "Amy, I told you to stay inside!"
"Sonic, we need you here, now!"
"I'm coming!" Sonic looked at Arnec "...Come on, I'm not losing any of my friends today!" Sonic said before him and Arnec rushed towards Restoration HQ. Whisper looked at Tangle "They... Could have just used the portal again." she said as she looked at the portal that Arnec had neglected to close. Tangle chuckled before the two hopped through. The HQ had been hit by another wave of Demons, with Geckos all over the place, attempting to cloak and hide themselves. Whisper smiled before tossing her wispon, pulling out a new one. It was sleeker and had a shiny metal finish. It was less bulky and had two little wolf ear like fins protruding out, acting as sights. She swapped to the laser mode and the barrel extended, with the stock expanding a bit. She smiled as she took aim, blasting three geckos in less than two seconds. Tangle watched in awe as the stock folded up, a blade coming out of the "ears" like a hammer. The stock was now a handle, Whisper gripping tightly on it and smiling as she wacked a gecko upside the head, the blade digging into another as she shifted her weight and swung the wispon. She bonked another gecko and by this time Tangle had just managed to summon Asmodeus, spending a few seconds trying to figure it out. She tossed three blades, each hitting a gecko before she exploded them. The three launched into the air, the wispon shape-shifting into a rocket launcher looking one as it had a foregrip and a larger barrel. Whisper smirked as she fired it one-handed, the rocket blowing all three of the Demons up. Meanwhile Sonic and Arnec had just made it, both surprised as the two females stood there. Whisper smirked and the four headed through the HQ, Whisper blasting Demons while Arnec and Tangle pummeled them with their weapons. Sonic went fast, chaining homing attacks. They reached the safe room, where a new demon type waited. It looked similar to the geckos, but nearly twice the size, being taller than Sonic. They also had black and red scales, with their faces having four red eyes and horns above them. "Arnec, you're the demon expert. What's that?" Sonic asked. Arnec smirked "Hunter. Extremely fast compared to geckos."
Sonic smiled "Well, let's see if they can catch me! Make sure the others are safe, I'll cover you. They should be past the next corridor!" he said as he got into a fighting stance. Arnec looked at the others and nodded as they ran into the next corridor. Sonic smiled "Let's go!" he yelled, smirking as the hunters charged at him. He quickly spun dash under them, one tumbling. He took the opportunity as he rode up a wall, homing attacking him. The Hunter fell back and Sonic spundashed it, knocking it out. Arnec, Tangle and Whisper reached the corridor, it forking into three lanes. "A bunch of them are up the middle, they're mine. Whisper, get left. Tangle, right." Arnec said before pulling out both the Deimos and Ares. He went into his father's demon form and shot forward like a drill, slicing any hunters and geckos to shreds. Whisper meanwhile wall ran from side to side, firing rocket after rocket. She swapped to her hammer mode and slammed it down onto a hunter's head, it violently hitting the ground. A hunter lunged at her, it's claws extended. She smiled before grabbing it's jaw with the pick part of the hammer, slamming it into the ground. She picked it up and put it into a headlock, a loud crack coming from it's neck. She continued fighting, lasers firing everywhere in the small corridor. Tangle meanwhile was wrecking havoc with Asmodeus. She'd twirl in the air as she flung the feather blades, each piercing it's target. They reached the end of their respective corridors and regrouped at the door to the safe room. They saw Amy, who breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Whisper and Tangle. Sonic rushed in and opened the door, blushing as Amy hugged him. Shadow was in the safe room too, Amy explaining that she told him to go jn there with the others. "You still got the Chaos Emeralds, right?" Sonic asked. Shadow nodded "Who's that?" he asked, pointing at Arnec. Sonic smiled "A friend. He's going to help solve our little problem! He knows Demons like the back of his hand!" Sonic said, putting his hand on Arnec's shoulder. The Wolf blushed intensely "W-well I'm just trying to help is all..." he said bashfully, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Sonic smiled "I need you all to get ready as soon as possible. We're about to do something crazy!" he said before him and the others rushed off. Arnec and the rest of the Spiral Hill crew went back to the village. Tangle offered to get some pizza and hang out with Arnec, which he accepted. They sat at a table inside the museum, where Arnec would talk about his training and stuff. Tangle would listen, smiling as Arnec would blush when he mentioned his mother. Arnec was surprisingly a bit of a chatterbox when it came to talking about his past. "Arnec, how come usually you're really shy, but when talking about your family and stuff you're talkative as all heck?" She eventually asked. Arnec blushed as he tried to think of an answer. He then went for the simple truth "You're the only person I feel comfortable talking to..." he said shyly, his cheeks red and his ears tilted. His feet scraped against each other as he tried not to look at her. Tangle blushed too "Why am I the only one you feel comfortable talking to?" She asked. Arnec's head shifted down, his shoulders raising as to attempt to hide his face. "P-promise you won't make fun of m-me?"
"Of course. Why would I?"
Arnec's breaths were stuttered as he tried to just let the words out "You... Remind me of my mother." he said quietly. Tangle blushed but smiled "Oh... That's... Never had that said about me before..."
"You and her, you're the only ones who can understand me, look past my demon side... Nobody else could..."
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Because all I am is a worthless half breed? That's how everyone else treated me growing up." Arnec said, his face uncovered. Tangle smiled "Arns, you just solved your own problem."
"W-what do you mean?"
"When you were growing up that's when everyone called you all that stuff. Now that you're grown, you're yourself."
Arnec bashfully nibbled on another piece of pizza before going to Tangle's bedroom and going to bed. Tangle walked up there and stood in the doorway, smirking as she saw him trying to act like he was asleep. She shook her head before heading to the main area. Whisper was there, tuning her new wispon. Tangle enthusiasticly watched, Whisper not minding as she would adjust the "ears" on the weapon. "So... When did you get that?" Tangle asked. Whisper smiled "Been in the prototype phase for a while. The old wispon was good, but it didn't really specialize it's roles. Now a laser can be a sniper rifle, rocket is a proper rocket launcher, so on and so on. We'll need all the firepower we can get once we're in the demon realm. How's Arnec? I know you two have been... Close." Whisper asked, her eyes open just a little. "Now just what are you implying!?"
"Oh, nothing Tangle." Whisper responded, snickering. "You're still my best friend!" Tangle yelled. Whisper chuckled "Not what I was talking about." Whisper responded. Tangle smirked "So, you talked to Silver recently? I know you and him have been close!" Tangle asked, fists on her hips. Whisper blushed "We're fine!" She said, flustered. Tangle grinned "Yeah, "fine", right...." she said before walking out the door. Whisper rolled her eyes before holstering the new wispon on her back "I gotta see Silver, make sure he's doing okay." she said before walking out the door....

A/N: Phew, glad I finally finished this, over 5400 words! Sorry if the quality isn't as good, had some last minute ideas, lol