A Mixture of Things

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while... I wrote myself into a corner and then decided to start anew. I know like, none of my fics are meaningful, but maybe I'll try to write some (later). Right now I need to get back into the groove. Here we go, with lots of different elements of stories!

Nya was humming to herself, sipping boba and walking down the busy streets of Ninjago City. She had just got off the phone with Jay, and he was at some arcade with Cole somewhere nearby.

She understood completely; she and Jay couldn't be together all the time, and he needed some bro time or whatever with his best friend, but today she especially craved his attention. She didn't know why, but she just did. 

"I'll be done soon, baby," Jay had said. "Then I'll meet you at the noodle place at three. Does that sound good?"

"Why not sooner?" Nya had complained. 

"You know Cole and I love to play videogames out of the house, love."

"But why? You have plenty of videogames back home."

"It's fun to play on arcade cabinets and stuff."

She had sighed. "I just want to be with you."

"We have all night, baby."

Then she had ranted on how they rarely got any time together during the day for the past few weeks due to missions, spending time in bed or not, and this was one of his free days and he chose not to spend it with his girlfriend??

Then Jay had calmly explained that they had the rest of today and tomorrow to do things together, and she couldn't argue with that.

She had cooled down a little since her rant, but she wished he would hurry up. He still had a girlfriend that needed his attention. 

Nya sighed and swirled her boba around. She could wait another hour. That wasn't too long, right? If she filled the time with something fun, it would pass quickly. 

She looked around the bustling streets. She wasn't the biggest fan of shopping, but she could find something to shop around. Ninjago City had nearly everything from supermarkets and malls to tarot card readers and fortune tellers. She could manage.

So, after a half hour of searching and successfully finding some comfy tees to wear on casual days like this one. Except now she was bored.

So she sat on a bench and scrolled through her phone for a bit.

"Hey there," a voice said from above her.

Nya looked up, a bit startled. A man stood there, quite handsome with blonde hair swept to the side and wide chocolate-brown eyes. He was a bit tall and a little muscular, but not as tall muscular as her Jay. Nya assessed his level of dangerousness and deemed him not very dangerous to talk to.

"Hello," she replied.

"Nya, right?" the man asked, as if it weren't abundantly clear, what with the media these days. 

"...yes," she said slowly.

"Great! I'm Tanner and I just wanted to talk to you for a bit. You see, I've been hoping for a while to be able to meet you in person and it is quite the honor to get to talk to you..." He rambled on, and Nya decided that, despite his looks, he was quite the nerd. She tuned him out a little, nodding and smiling just as practiced on previous outgoing fans.

"...and since you're practically never alone, this is perfect!"

Wait what?

"I'm sorry?" Nya asked.