Honesty

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Tyla sat at the Talon, tracing her fingers around her coffee cup. She was sitting on one of the lounge chairs with the morning paper. She stared at the front page; however, she wasn't reading any of the words. Her mind was too much of a daze. She felt numb, fighting back tears that threatened to stream down her face. Thankfully, there was not anyone here that recognized her.

All save one.

"You seem rather lonely," Lex's voice sounded behind her. She sat up straight and wiped away her tears quickly. The man moved to sit across from her and stopped, noting the tears that she failed to rid. He had half expected that she was here at the Talon with Nathan, but if she was visibly this upset.... "What happened?" He gritted his teeth, pushing the anger down.

"They could be happy tears," she retorted, rather feebly.

"I doubt that's the case here," he reached over to hold her hand, but she leaned back against her chair and curled her fingers around the coffee from comfort. "I don't think I have to anticipate him coming to the mansion while I am gone." He didn't dare say his name now, not with the look that she gave him. He wouldn't admit to her that he was relieved. He would be in Washington with his father, tracking every move and every conversation for the FBI. He was apprehensive to go, not just because of the situation but also because he was leaving the mansion to the thralls of Nathan and Tyla. Even if the man was the most respectful person and Tyla had asked Lex first, he didn't feel comfortable of the idea Tyla playing house with someone else. He only agreed because she was visibly happy about the idea.

"He's not coming around anymore," she croaked, more tears fell down her face.

Lex sighed as a couple of girls passed by and gave him a look of contempt. It wasn't he who made this mess! He looked back and noticed the shelves being filled of to-go cups. He motioned that he would be back, walking over to grab one. Not a single person stopped him, not since he was the one who own the Talon. He paused, grabbing a handful of paper napkins, a to-go cup and a stopper before turning back to Tyla who was still trying to wipe the tears falling down her cheeks with the back of her sleeve. He filled the cup with her coffee and handed it back to her. "Come on, Ty," he coaxed, gently holding her wrist. "You and I both know that you can't stay here." He wasn't going to have her surrender to her sobs at the Talon. Not when he could drive her back to home where she could be truly alone if she needed. Tyla didn't move. She just stared at the cup that he had given her. Lex sighed and knelt next to her. "Ty? Let's go. You can tell me everything in the car, or you can sit there in silence but there's no use staying here."

The blonde finally looked to him and took a deep breath. There weren't any more tears, thankfully. She slowly got up, gathered her things and made her way up the stairs out the door. Lex looked back towards the counter; he would forgo his little coffee run for now. He followed Tyla and opened the door for her. His silver Maserati greeted them, glinting in the sunlight. He always managed to park right in front of the shop. It was like his claimed parking spot of the business.

He pressed the button to his keys and the car chirped happily, unlocking the doors. He opened the door for Tyla, and he had barely closed the door as more tears fell down her cheeks. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath as he handed her the serviettes. He finally closed the door and moved to the driver's side to get in. He felt looming anger, not at Tyla. Not at her clear upset but at the man for dropping her. Well, she may have dumped him. He didn't know but he felt like she wouldn't have been like this if she was the one who called it quits.