Favors

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Tyla waited in the elevator, the numbers increasing up to 40 as her stomach turned knots. She was almost expecting Lionel to appear as the doors opened but she also knew that she was a blip under the radar unless she told Lex why he was sent to Belle Reve in the first place. She had to keep her mouth shut until it was a certainty that she was completely safe and those she cared about were far from harm. She marched past the doors and turned a corner towards Lex's new office at LuthorCorp, with a coffee tray in her hand and a folder tucked under her right arm. She saw him on the phone, talking to his 10:00. Just as a courtesy, she lightly rapped her knuckles on the open door to announce her presence and walked slowly towards his desk. Lex swiveled his chair to see her. He nodded towards her and eyed as she placed the extra coffee in front of him. He made a face and then bid his business contact farewell. "Is that for me?" He asked.

"Yes, a cappuccino with an extra espresso shot," she recited as she picked up her own drink and tossing the tray in the trash bin while taking a seat across from him.

Lex made a sound of approval. "You've memorized my drink of choice already," he said, a hint of impression lilted in his voice.

"I just pay attention. It's easier since I'm at the mansion with you," she replied, placing the folder at her lap. She was being modest; it was part of her job to pay attention. She could either hinder the work that Lex was doing or help him along. Although it was not crisis management, it still required her to look for as many details as possible.

Lex smirked and took the drink. He leaned back, taking in the sweet aroma. "Is that so?" He said, amused. He took it as a challenge willingly. "What's my preferred choice of cuisine?"

Tyla rolled her eyes as she took a sip from her own cup. "French for your lovely ladies. Japanese when you want to appear casual with your business compatriots." She had booked many reservations for him. That was too easy.

"Favorite car?"

"Currently your silver Maserati," which he often mentioned that it paled in comparison to her white jeep.

Lex chuckled. "And what of my literary preference?" he continued.

"That's a trick question. It depends on where your mood lies." Perhaps she should have mentioned that whenever he had an altercation with Lionel, he would read The Art of War. She certainly caught him reading it in the study after his father found out that Lex had rehired Tyla. She exhaled irritably. This game was wearing on her. But two people could play it. "As amused as you are, I bet that you can't even remember my middle name."

Lex's smug look disappeared. He cleared his throat and took a sip of his cappuccino, trying to search through the far reaches of his mind for the name. Tyla couldn't help but giggle. Lex was never good with female names unless it was for the night. "V... Victoria-," He tried not stammer.

"Veronica." Lex immediately went to his computer and pulled up her resume. Sure enough, her full name was glaring right at him in bold cursive. He sighed, annoyed as Tyla giggled again. "Now can we please get back to business or are you just going to keep testing me?"

He clenched his free hand, almost banging it against the desk in frustration. He hated losing at his own games, even if it was as trivial as this. "Is that the information that I asked for then?" He curtly nodded towards the folder that rested on her lap.