1- Intro

Danidino56

Our Chances

© 2015, Danidiaaa

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher

----

Jadelynn woke up to the sound of her alarm, which was the local radio emitting from an old alarm clock she refused to get rid of. At times she often scolded herself, wondering why in the hell she chose the sound of blaring music and talking to be woken up to. As she was slowly coming to, her ears picked up the topic of conversation.

"-Kingman coming into town, tonight I believe. The most eligible bachelor in all of Boston! I mean, his family is practically royalty around here."

Jade groaned, for the past week the whole city was eagerly anticipating the arrival of Alexander Kingman. She begrudgingly rose from her bed, not bothering to turn off the radio as she prepared herself the day.

The CEO of Kingman Industries made billions of dollars a year by modifying security products all over the world with the newest and most efficient technology. With the company being family owned, Alexander Kingman was ensured his inheritance at age eighteen and instantly climbed the money making ladder, becoming a business mogul by age twenty-three just as his father had. The company was basically at its peak, financially and had become more successful ever since Alexander took over.

Some believed it was because of his ability to woo people with his charming personality. Others thought it was his hard working exterior, he was known to be a very ruthless businessman. When it came to his personal life, the mogul was extremely private. His name hardly ever made the tabloids unless it had something to do with the family's business. Until now that is.

He was in town for his father's fifty-seventh birthday which was supposed to be the year's most elegant birthday celebration in Boston. The planner apparently was the best in the business, and the guest list was filled with some of the most influential people in the country.

Jadelynn did not understand all of the excitement over one man and his family. She had never heard of them until this week so surely they couldn't be that important. Even if they were, she wasn't one to fawn over celebrities. At the end of the day they were only human. The only thing that set them apart was wealth.

By the time she had listened to the radio host tell his whole life story, she was dressed and ready for work. Working in a predominantly male environment was stressful, but it paid extremely well and she needed the money. Jadelynn secured a job as an executive office assistant for a very good company as soon as she got out of college. At first, she loved her job and was happy with it as a whole, but then it quickly became a nightmare as soon as they realized they could get away with so much. She'd quickly become used to the sly sexist and racist comments made towards her. Most of it was very subtle, but still offensive nonetheless.Things had died down however, since she filed a sexual harassment claim. One of the men tried to touch her ass, and that was when her patience had officially worn out. After slapping him, cursing him out, and filing for sexual harassment, it all stopped. They stayed out of her way, and she stayed out of theirs. Most of them were incredibly kind to her, there were only a handful who gave her a hard time on a consistent basis.

She was fortunate enough not to be the only woman on her floor, unlike her best friend who worked directly below her. Jadelynn didn't know how she dealt with all the testosterone- it was like all of them were in some sort of pissing match. About everything.