Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose

Start from the beginning

"Too true," Harry nodded in agreement.

"Now, let us begin your tour," Krinos says as he turns around to lead the way toward the school.

"An adult should be leading us, not a child," Umbridge said in a very annoying tone.

"I am more than capable," Krinos says. "You will soon find that every student here is just as capable as any of the teachers. After all, we are not your average witches and wizards."

"And why is that," McGonagall asked.

Harry could have sworn that he saw a smirk flash on Krinos's face. It was like he knew that this would be the perfect opportunity to reveal what Crystal Rose really was. What types of witches and wizards are actually taught at the school. He knew that most of them most likely did not know about Crystal Rose, so he was the perfect person to drop that bomb on them.

"Because Crystal Rose is a very special school," Krinos said, turning back to them. "Welcome to Crystal Rose Academy of Mysticism. School for mystic souls."

It was like a switch as he flipped inside of each of them. The muggleborns might not know what mystic souls were, but most pureblood and magic-raised half-bloods knew what they were. Sure, there were those that saw their magic as just magic, but there was a vast majority of them that hated those that were very obviously more powerful than them. The paranoia was very real.

If there was one thing that Harry and his real friends knew, it was that most of the students and even staff basically shared a single brain cell that was barely in use. It usually took a straightforward answer for any of them to get anything right.

"Why in the name of Salazar Slytherin would you allow us to be put in danger by coming to this so-called school," yelled out Draco Malfoy.

"They'll kill us all before we could draw our wands," Zacharius Smith shouted.

"They're nothing but monsters," Ron yelled, making Harry scowl at his very bigoted former friend.

"They will be the death of all of us," screamed Cho Chang.

"They can't be trusted to not use this as a chance to destroy us," Marietta Edgecombe screamed.

"Freaks," was yelled by someone that was shown to be a Gryffindor.

Harry had to hand it to Krinos. He and his people were being insulted, but he did not lose his temper. It was probably because he knew that something like this was going to happen once he informed them of what type of school that they were now at. 

"Now, I get that you all have been raised to think that mystic souls are some monstrous people that are out to get you all, but let me just say that anyone that believes that are all idiots," Krinos stated.

"I can see why you are friends with him," Neville tells Harry, chuckling.

"Krinos takes no prisoners when he verbally slaps them," Harry says. "He really knows how to shut people up, even if for a little while."

"How dare a creature like you talk to upstanding purebloods," Umbridge snapped at Krinos.

"You call me a creature and yet you look like the unholy combination of a toad and a very ugly human," Krinos threw back at her.

Okay, there were a lot of them that had no chance to do anything but to burst into laughter. Krinos was right, after all. Many of the students, even ones that also hate mystic souls, could not help but laugh when something that funny was said. And the fact that Krinos somehow kept a straight face when he said it made it even funnier.

Umbridge obviously did not like it. It especially being shown with how red her face had gotten. It did not help that Flitwick, Hagrid, and even Madam Pomfrey were all with the other teachers and staff trying very hard not to laugh. Madam Pomfrey, Filch, and even Madam Pince the librarian had come with the rest of the staff since otherwise, they would have been all alone at Hogwarts.