Chapter 3: Pretentious Potionmaster

Dumbledore cleared his throat before he raised his hands and said, "The Prefects may now escort the students to their common rooms, good luck to you all". Slianca Silverstone was the prefect for the Slytherin house.
"Okay, up you get", she demanded. "Must be getting a move on"

Almost simultaneously, all of the Slytherin house got to their feet and followed the intimidating Prefect.
"Now... We are located down in the dungeons", said Silverstone. "One of the nicest places if you ask me"

"I don't think dungeons are very nice", squeaked a small first-year. "I mean they are meant to keep criminals down here"
Siverstone shot him a glare.
"If you despise the dungeons so much, then you can't call yourself a real Slytherin now can you?", she sneered.
The first year was now slowly weaving his way to the back of the Slytherin line. Once we were down in the dungeons we came to a portrait. Silverstone quickly stopped in front of it before she whipped around to face the Slytherins.
"For the new first years, this is the entrance to our house common room. Now, you will need a password to enter", silverstone said, she then narrowed her eyes at us. "You would do well to remember it. And if anyone shares this password to another house they will be forced to witness my wrath".
She turned to the portrait and spoke.
"Tedious Thestral"
The Portrait opened revealing a shiny, black, wooden door. What a peculiar password. Does tedious mean something else in the wizarding world? Or was this simply being used for what it was, a muggle word. All the Slytherins entered the common room, and stared at their gorgeous surroundings. There was a beautiful fireplace that I knew I would read beside a lot, the floor was dark which added a small sense of being in a cabin, the studded, black leather couches certainly added to this comparison. Yet, of all the aspects that caught my eye, the window view was by far my favourite. It faced out into the water that surrounded the castle. This was truly heaven.
"Boys' dormitory on the left and girls' dormitory is situated on the right. I hate to sound like a broken record but you would do well to remember that", Silverstone said with a rather disgusted tone. "I don't need any late-night shenanigans, alright? Good. Now, you will see that all your stuff will be waiting for you in your dormitories. Be on your way"

She flicked her hands to shoo us away but most of us continued to stand there gawking. Silverstone's eyebrows furrowed and her lips turned down- even more than they already were- at the corners.
"I said be off!"
And with that everyone rushed away to explore their temporary bedroom. There was a tall bookshelf that was situated inbetween the dorms. I skimmed through the covers before one caught my eye. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
"Perfect" I said as I grabbed the book along with a few other random ones just to spice things up. I was just about to head right to the girls' dormitories when a weight pushed my shoulder out, which caused my books to fall everywhere. I heard a snicker. Oh, that son of a bitch. I could recognise that snicker anywhere, and I had only just met him. Malfoy.
"Ha, look at all those books. You should of been put in crappy Ravenclaw", he laughed, along with his good-for-nothing minions, Crabbe and Goyle. "Although, maybe you could be a dumbass in Gryffindor. You certainly remind me of that filthy mudblood Granger"
An evil smirk stretched across his face. I whipped around to face him, and I gave him the coldest expression I could manage.
"I doubt you could even spell your own name, Malfoy", I hissed. "Can't even watch where you are going"

"What did you say?", He said, clearly a chance for me to change my remark, As if. I started to pick up my books.

"What, are you deaf and blind?" I shot at him.

"No, I am not! You better bite your tongue Evans", he warned.

"It was a rhetorical question you dimwit", I enlightened him, I quickly stormed off to my dormitory.

"What does rhetorical mean, Draco", I heard Crabbe say before they were drowned out completely. A girl came up to me.

"Hi! My name is Garcia. Vivian Garcia", she said with such enthusiasm that it even seemed to lighten me up.