The Celebration Of An Ending

Start from the beginning

"Yes. I know. But um.... I don't know if you know this Vic, but you don't need a helicopter to go to lunch."

"Just come on. I'll explain when we get in the helicopter. We're already running late babe." He continued to walk.

We get inside the helicopter just as the pilot is readying to take off. After about 20 minutes of flying, I decide to speak up.

"Okay. Now explain. Where are we going? And don't say 'we're having lunch with our parents'"

Vic looked at me and sighed. "My parents were in LA for the for the past few days and they thought it would be a great idea if we came out and had lunch with them. They are suppose to be back in time for the ceremony at 5. We were supposed to leave last night after prom but since we threw a party we're running late. We should arrive in LA in about 30 minutes. Then we'll grab breakfast and shop around for a bit. Tony, Mike, and Jaime are already there. They left after the party."

"Okay. Why couldn't you tell me this before we left?"

"Because you get distracted easy and it would have been harder to get you to leave on time."

I huffed in disagreement. "I do not get distracted easily." I said with a pout. He just laughed and kissed me.

The rest of the ride was filled with small conversations about life after high school. And how we couldn't believe that it was finally over. We talked about life after college and how we would make something great out of ourselves. We laughed and joked around. It was a pretty good flight.

We arrived shortly at the airport and Vic rented a car for us, well him to drive.

Just as he said we pulled into this restaurant somewhere in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. It wasn't a fancy restaurant but it also wasn't a run down place either. It looked like a small family owned business and had a sort of warm feeling to it.

We walked inside and the inside felt just as warm as the outside. We were greeted by a short Hispanic woman who looked about 25. She had red hair and gauges. Her smile was bright and she had dimple piercings.

"Hi. Welcome to Vanity. My name is Anastasia and I will be your waitress this morning. How many for your party?"

"You have a really pretty name. And it will be the just the two of us." I told her. And she blushed a little and motioned for us to follow her.

She sat us at a table next to the windows. The view was beautiful.

"Can I start you guys off with anything to drink?"

"Coffee." Vic and I both replied at the same time causing her to chuckled. Her laugh was adorable. She reminded me of a small child.

She nodded and told us she'd be back with our drinks.

"God. Can you not flirt with the waitress?" Vic groaned with annoyance.

I laughed. Could he get any cuter? "Baby. I bleed rainbows. Besides. Why flirt with her when I have someone as sexy as you sitting directly across from me."I said and winked at him. He only rolled his guys and smiled.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"So I've been told." Anastasia walks back to our table with our drinks in her hand.

"Okay guys. Here you go." She says as she sets our coffee on the table. "Are you guys ready to order? Or do you need a minute?" She asks looking from Vic to me. I look at Vic and he nods.

"I'll have the all American omelet with a side of bacon and hash browns and he'll have the free -or-all all you can eat pancakes with extra butter. And a shit ton of syrup." Vic tells her. "Don't let his appearance fool you. He can eat a lot." Vic said with a smile. She turned to me and I nodded.