Youth and Whisky

Vic's P.O.V

"Are you ready bro" Mike asked me from the door.

Was I ready for this? The answer is no. No I am not ready

"No. My hair is too curly, I can't freaking get this tie straight. I have to go pick up Kellin in 10 minutes. Did you get the flowers?" I asked him. I was nervous. Why? Because this is suppose to be a night to remember. What if I fuck up?

Mike chuckled. "You're such a girl, Vic. First, your hair looks fine. Second, that's because you tied it wrong. Here let's me see." He walked over to me and fixed my tie. "Third, the flowers are downstairs. I got roses because as cliche as it sounds they're his favorite. I got two dozen white roses. Some are painted red, some are painted black."

"Why didn't you just get red and black roses instead of having them painted?" I asked him. It seems so weird to paint roses that already come in those cokors.

"Because you idiot, they're for Kellin. He like the flowers painted because they aren't normal. If you haven't noticed. Kel is anything but normal. I also got 1 or 2 pink roses."

I nodded. "Okay. I'm ready. I know you're not a senior but you're taking Tay right? How are you getting there?"

"I'm leaving out shortly after you. We're meeting at Kellin's house, right?"

"Yea."

"Alright. Get out. Your Queen awaits you. "

Mike is such an idiot.

Kellin's P.O.V

"Where the fuck is my straightener?" I groaned to myself. "Mom, have you seen my straightener?!" I got no response. "Mom!" Ugh where the hell is she? "Mom!"

"What?" Finally.

"Have you seen my straightener?"

"Why would I have seen it? Check your bathroom." I did that already.

"You're no help. Can I see yours?" Through all the yelling back and forth I hadn't realized that she was standing in my door.

"Well if you stop losing stuff. I could help." She said with a smile on her face. "You look fine. I like your hair like that."

I groaned. "Fine. Vic will be here shortly anyways."

"Vic? I thought you were going with Oli? When did you two break up? When did you and Vic start dating? Let alone become friends again?"

"Too many questions at once! Yes Vic. Fuck Oli. A week or two ago. And last week."

"Relationships these days just don't last." She mumbled to herself. "Oli lasted 8 months. I give you and Vic a year. If that"

That's the spirit mom. "Anyways. I think Vic just got here." With that she walked out of the room. I take one final look in the mirror just as the door bell rang.

I can faintly hear chattering downstairs. "Hello Mrs. Quinn. Great to see you again. Is Kellin ready?"

"Yea he's upstairs. He should be ready shortly. We all know how long it takes her- I mean him to get ready."

"I heard that!" I yelled from my room. I am so not a girl. I can hear them laughing at me. I take that as my cue to walk down the stairs. Where the two are still laughing their asses off. "So not funny. You guys are assholes." I mutter to myself.

"Oh. Shit. I almost forgot. These are for you Mrs. Quinn." He handed my mom a dozen red roses wrapped in white paper.

"Vic they're beautiful. I'll go put them in water." She squealed as she walked into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes.