tape 3, side a

*・゚:*・゚

°•. Delicate.•°
˚ that meteor strike, act one

•°✧ ˚ ━ that meteor strike, act one

CHAPTER FIVE — tape 3, side a

Library

Clay and I are sitting across from one another in silence waiting on Jeff to start studying. The door to the library busts open loudly causing both of us to look up from our books to see where it came from. We see Jeff walk in much happier than he was this morning and headed towards our table. Clay glances in my direction with a look that questions my knowledge of the sudden change in Jeff's mood, I shrug and turn my attention to the boy who finally approached us. Soon after, a second loud bang echoed its way through the whole library due to Jeff slamming the paper in his hand on the table in front of Clay. I leaned over to see what it was and laughed, "So Jensen has to attend a school function, more importantly a dance. This'll be good." I said earning a glare from Clay and a chuckle from Jeff.

"Time for you to buy a ticket and boogie." Jeff added.

"Boogie? God, what are you, 80?" I asked him sarcastically, he just flipped me the bird. "Well, we've established that hell will freeze over this Saturday," I start while looking at Clay, "But can we please study for this stupid bio test already? I'm tired of failing." The boys agree with a nod and we spend the next hour cramming vocab words into our brains and periodically taking breaks and discussing trivial high school crap.

---------------------------------------------------

Now

"Clay!" I hear a familiar voice yell from behind me on the stairs. I turn and see Clay a few steps down and Justin fast approaching. I grab Abbie's arm and pull her to the side of the landing' placing her in front of me to eavesdrop. She starts to ask what I'm doing when I raise my pointer finger to my mouth saying 'shh' and point slightly at the scene behind her. "That's a pretty picture you took of Tyler.

"Not as pretty as the one you took of Hannah." Damn. Clay isn't holding back.

"You made your point. Now shut it down." Justin threatens.

"Shut it down? Who talks like that?" Clay laughs slightly as Justin takes another step up.

"This is beyond just us now. This is the whole school. If we fall, you go down with us." Justin's attempting to keep Clay quiet, which won't work. Clay doesn't fear Justin nor does he fear any of the fallout. He doesn't really have to. He didn't do anything wrong. Nothing legally.