Chapter 60

Chapter 60 - The Story of Shu Bai (2)  

This entire time, she had refused to make any sacrifices, which was why she had never received any opportunities. All of the other girls couldn't wait to climb into the beds of other men. And what about her?

Ever since her fans had gone up by tens of thousands, she had wavered. It was never one's ability that helped them to move up in the entertainment circle; it had always been the reliance on rich and powerful men.

That's how it was in this circle. Nobody was clean. Everybody was soaked in the same tub of dirty water. What was the point of her insisting to remain clean?

Finally, Liu-jie suggested for her to go to bed with Director Qi. Shu Bai finally gritted her teeth and agreed.

Yet when it had all happened, she still felt deeply sorrowful and sad.

She wanted nothing more than to hide herself and never had to face this world that was filled with bad intent.

Nevertheless, the pain inside her body reminded her greatly that this was a trade. She should go after what she desired aggressively.

Liu-jie had instructed her ahead of time. "When you woke up, you must act very innocent and pretend that you didn't know anything about it. You must insist that it was me who put you on his bed."

"Qi HongCheng might seem like a roughneck but he was a softly deep down inside. As soon as you start crying, you can have anything you want."

As such, under the gaze of Director Qi, Shu Bai put on the most sorrowful show in the world.

Looking at Shu Bai who was bawling her eyes out, Qi HongCheng realized that he had, indeed, made a mistake and became frantic.

"I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry." He grabbed his hair in distress and continued to apologize to her. "What do you want? As long as it is within my ability, I will give to you."

"I... I want to succeed in today's audition..." There were tears inside Shu Bai's quivering eyes. "I don't want to fail again..."

Qi HongCheng's pupil contracted. He was speechless for a little bit.

Then, he thought about it some more. The role of second female lead in "Sting Yourself" was a fragile and pitiful woman. Perhaps Shu Bai would be a better fit for Chi Ying anyway.

If Chi Ying's skills were not up there, he could find an opportunity to swap her out. Holding onto that idea, Qi HongCheng patted Shu Bai on her shoulder and said, "I'll see what I can do..."

After they had taken off from the hotel, Qi HongCheng had someone took Shu Bai to the audition location. He couldn't show up with her, that would be too obvious.

Qi HongCheng arrived in his own car not too long after that. He parked his car and grumpily flipped through his cellphone. That was when he saw the text fro Chi Ying.

Chi Ying said she would not be coming today.

Qi HongCheng suddenly realized that the one mistake that he had made had led to a more serious consequence – when he attended the banquet, he failed to see Chi Ying's email in time. He did remember this yesterday, but some time down the line, after his mind was numbed by alcohol, he had completely forgotten about it.

Qi HongCheng called Chi Ying up with no hesitation.

"The number you are trying to reach is not available." A cold and mechanical voice repeated that message over and over again. It was somewhat ironic.

Qi HongCheng started to sweat.

***

In the top floor of Oushi's headquarter was the CEO's office. The primary color theme was black. The office's design was simplistic, grand, and meticulous.

Lu JingYan, looking both serious and cold, stared straightly at the window that had popped up on his computer screen. Inside his eyes that were deep like an old well was limitless hidden anger.

On the screen was the real time surveillance video of the audition location. He did not spot Chi Ying in either the hallway or any of the rooms.

Disappointed, Lu JingYan felt a throbbing pain in his chest.