Chapter 30: Graduation

2 weeks later

Pete POV 

The graduation was held in the auditorium of the Headquarters after Arthit, Third and Khai completing their requirements. 
Saving the world was more of a hobby and not boring. The Gear Hearts were wearing a red and gold toga, the panthers black and yellow, the scarlet blades white and scarlet, the Green Alchemist green and silver, and lastly, the Sabertooth with purple. The toga was silk and it was comfortable to wear.

The after-party was in Hell Circus, one of the mundane clubs in the city. Well, most were occupied by wizards now. 

i left M and Kao talking to each other by the door. When I got into the restroom. Arthit was there by the sink. "How's your position as a potential mentor next year?"

I sighed. Because I violated the rules when I blackmailed my uncle. "Sketchy."

"They will accept it." Arthit assured. He was washing his hands and he took a tissue paper. "I could also teach you and Kong the fundamentals and secrets."

"I don't think..." I hesitated. 
"Why not?" Arthit asked. "I'm giving you everything to be the perfect mentor."

"Because of what I've done to my uncle." I said firmly. 
"I don't think I could be a mentor. Maybe I would just focus on my studies..."

"I will convince the headmaster." Arthit replied. "I  needed to be cold to be the best mentor. And we are the same, Pete. Forget all the rules when there's something at stake. You can't make people listen to you but you can make them fear you." He said it with a gentle smile, and it was like passing a crown to another prince to be king. "You deserve to be a mentor."

I started to smile. "I suppose so."

"Come on, our friends are waiting for us upstairs." We walked back together outside with our arms on our shoulders like the good old days.

****

"To the mystery Freaks!" Arthit raised his glass. "That we will never leave each other's side."
"To the mystery freaks!" We responded.
"NOW LET'S GET FREAKY!" Khai shouted.
We had danced in the middle of the room that was twice as big as the ballroom in the royal palace in Ravika. I could see Third dancing with Tine and Sarawat. Strife joining May, M, Oak and Tew in chat.
Sandee teaching Professor Amuro in some kind of awkward dance. The chandelier above us making the room gold. Kao flanked me to the side where all my friends are. 

I had never seen Kao this happy, and I kept twirling him around, catching him in my arms again and gave him a brief kiss. The music was all beat and harmonica's sweet melody thrumming in my bones.

Third POV 

"Everything's perfect." I smiled as I stared at the revel of the crowd below us. 

"It is." Khai replied as he slid his arms around my waist. "But today, you are the most perfect to me."

"I sent messages to Two if it's okay to marry me." I said. "Didn't take a long time to decide."
"He's supportive of my sexuality since we were best friends."  He said as he glanced at the crowd and back to me. "Do you remember when we used to track down dark wizards in high school and make the guardians arrest them?"

I nodded. 
"When we were near senior high, you went with your parents in the Scarlet Blade headquarters. I came to the spot where we first hunt a dark wizard. I thought about you. I denied that I missed you because it sounded kinda gay."

"You weren't open that time. That's understandable." I said. "You weren't sure of your sexuality."

"This is why you are my best friend and my lover." He chuckled.  "You can always see through me. 

We were both smiling in a goofy way. "Why do I always see through you." 

"Because you love me."

I looked at him; his face was compact as if he was in pain. 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked. 

"Just the thought of you." He said. "That you've suffered in silence as my best friend. I didn't realize it."

"I always thought it would be so impossible for me to get you." My cheeks flushed. "I never imagined that you are my fiance now. I never thought you would love me back."

"Part of me always loves you."Khai whispered breathlessly as he searched my eyes. "Even I didn't know that I was already falling. If I hadn't met you maybe I'm still a playboy. My own greed would've consumed me a long ago. You changed my whole life, Third."

"You weren't in love with me when we were still friends." I teased. "We were fortunate we've found each other."

"The greatest fortune and joy in my life is knowing you. To call you my family, and call you soon my husband. I watched you grow to be a good person and I fell in love with you, smartass." Khai chuckled. He hand laid on my cheek and steadied his gaze. "And I love you so much more now."

Sarawat POV 

"Tine." I said as he walked out of the building. He was sweating and he looked like he was looking for someone. My expression curious. "Care to join me?" I said instead.

"Wat..." Tine was reluctant on his next words. I knew he was worried and we really didn't have a proper closer that night in the chapel. "What I did. What I've said to you. I'm sorry."

And he went on and on. He was panting as he tried to explain as best as he could. The graduation party erupted with cheers and uproars. I didn't mind the people that were passing by. 

I just stared at him with affection we shared before. I always had loved him, and it was a fresh start.
A fresh start—that after all, life could be a little funny and have the best twist when we least expect it.

🎶This man is my destiny. He said oh oh oh🎶

I tugged him towards me, his cheeks flushed. A playful grin was already on my lips. "Shut up and just kiss me, you idiot." 

🎶Shut up and dance with me🎶

His cute bunny eyes beamed with joy, and he fully threw himself at me. I nearly tripped off on my feet. My hands caught his waist. His arms tangled around my neck as he pressed his soft lips against mine.