Annabel Lee- Tim Drake

{Disclaimer: For anyone wondering, the poem I used is Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe, (site used for reference: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44885/annabel-lee ). I do NOT own the poem nor do I claim to. I am merely using it for entertainment purposes.}

{Author's Note: This was going to be Tumblr exclusive but I'm debating between keeping Tumblr and WP synced or keeping some works as exclusives. My brain was fried from school today and I'm still not done but I decided to take a break to write this request from almost a month ago. I wrote this for CJtheRandomChild Hope you enjoy! Sorry it's short but it's all I had for the idea.}

"How long has it been since you slept?" I ask, watching the dark-haired boy stumble into my room and plop down on my bed.
"Three weeks." He sighed into his hands.

"Three weeks?! My dude, you're going to kill yourself like this! Here, just lay down." I motion for him to rest his head on the pillow on my lap.

"No. I'm fine. I'll be okay." He argued, rubbing his face. "I just need coffee."

"Timothy, lay down. I sigh, setting my book aside on my nightstand.

"Why? I can sleep at home." He looked at me with tired eyes.

The poor boy had dark bags under his eyes and just overall looked sickly and sad.

"Tim, we've been dating for how long? I know you, and you need to sleep before you pass out in class like last time." I remind him, earning a groan from him in exhaustion.

"On one condition." He replied as he laid his head in my lap.

"And that is?" I raise an eyebrow at him in suspicion.

"Read to me. I like it when you get caught up in the story." He looked up at me with a playful smirk tugging on his lips.

"But I'm reading dark poetry." I chuckle nervously.

"I don't care. Just read." He finally yawned, resting his eyes for a few moments. "Please?" He whined.

"Fine, you win. But, you better sleep!"

"I will!" He smiled in satisfaction.

I grabbed my book and opened it to where I left off.

(1)"I was a child and she was a child, In this kingdom by the sea, But we loved with a love that was more than love- I and my Annabel Lee- With a love that the wingèd seraphs of Heaven Coveted her and me. " I read, looking down to check if he was asleep.

"Keep going. It reminds me of you." He mumbled sleepily.

I smiled softly and continued reading. After a short while, I gazed upon his peaceful, sleeping face.

(1)"The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me-
Yes!-that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee." I continued, running my fingers through his hair as I read the following verse by memory, yawning sleepily as I too, was growing sleepy.

(1)"But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in Heaven above
Nor the demons down under the sea
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;" I finished and set the book aside. Softly stroking Tim's hair and listening to the sound of his soft snores, drifted off to a late night slumber.