Chapter : 3

Akshay's POV:

"Why are you so happy today?" asked my sister Anjali. We are twins, it's just that I was born 14 minutes before she did. Being twins, we grew up together, from schooling to sports our interests were always the same until she decided to choose a different stream during our higher education.

"Why do I need a reason to be happy?"

"I don't know about that but you do have a reason to be sad. You lost!" She stated. I know I should have been sad too but I was already over it. I mean yeah, it hurts but I can't keep thinking about it. It's a game, you either win or lose.

"I wanted you to win, idiot. You disappointed me." Anjali said sadly. She has always been there to support me, since the day we were born we are each other's pillar of strength.

"Aren't you doing the same to us?" I heard my grandma say. Not again. No doubt it was directed towards Anjali as always. I love my family but the only thing I hated about them was their orthodox behavior. Sometimes it irritated me way too much. Our home, our family is where we can relax and be ourselves but for us, it was never the case. We were brought up in an environment where the females were trained to keep their families happy and the guys were supposed to be strong and responsible. I don't remember having deep conversations with family except for business. I don't even remember when I was the last time my Dad sat and asked me about my life, my interests and my emotions. Sometimes I felt like screaming my emotions in front of them but over the period I learnt to deal with them. I never wanted Anjali to fall for their trap just like my mother did and hence I always supported her in everything that she did. There were hurdles, there are still but Anjali has my back and with no doubts, I can proudly say that I'm happy to see where Anjali is standing now.

"Please, don't start it." I requested her.

"Yeah, everyone in this house has only mastered the degree to shut my mouth," Grandma said and sat on the chair nearby. I signaled Anjali to ignore it and went to console grandma.

Later that night, I was lying on my bed thinking about everything that happened today. During dinner, everyone asked me why was I smiling. I probably had a answer to their question but I knew this is something I can never share with my family.

'what must be Nia doing now?'

'Is she also thinking about me like I was thinking about her?'

'will I see her again?'

There were so many thoughts running inside my mind. I thought for some more time and unlocked my mobile to see search for Nia's profile on Instagram. With trembling fingers, I typed her name and saw her account. To my luck, it was not a private account. I was happy and felt myself smiling again however with that smile I also had nervousness inside me. With every picture of her that I viewed, I felt my heart hammering more and more against my chest. What is happening to me?

As I guessed, Nia is surely a social butterfly. She had many pictures on her profile. I was amazed to see the places she has travelled and also with the sketches she made. There was also me pink circle around her profile picture which almost made me want to view her story but I was too afraid to do that and so I skipped and started scrolling down. As I kept looking, I realised that Ritik has liked almost all her pictures and has even commented on some of them. I did ask Ritik today if Nia was his girlfriend and even though he said no, I was suspicious or jealous maybe. I was not happy with what I saw. It made me feel uncomfortable and so I decided to keep my phone aside but the moment I closed my eyes, I saw her smiling face again.

I heard a knock on my door and when I opened it, I saw my elder brother Rohan.

"Hey." I greeted and let him in. Rohan is 4 years elder to me and was going to get married soon. I pitied his wife already. Unlike Anjali and me, he was carbon copy of my dad and a very obedient son. He never opposed any of his choices and did exactly what was told to him. Sometimes I felt like making him understand but it was too late, he was already too high on our family's values and morals.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you." He said and sat down on the sofa beside him.

"You would never." I replied and saw him chuckle. We then sat and talked about the game and wedding preparations. I don't know why but I never felt that Rohan was happy with this marriage, it never showed on his face. I even tried to ask him about the same however he didn't appreciate that coming from his younger brother and so I had to let it go.

"Anyway, I thought you must be upset about the game so I came to check but I guess you are ok. Sometimes I find it so difficult to believe that you are grown up now." He laughed and moved towards the door.

"It's late, you should sleep now. Good night." He said closing the door.

"Good night." I whispered to myself, hopped on bed and again got Nia's pictures flashing in front of my eyes.

I think I'm getting mad.

No doubt, she is cute & very pretty and as much as I feel the urge to see her again, to know more about her, to be her friend I know I will have to restrict myself.

Nia's POV :

"Why are you so sad?" Arpita asked sitting beside me. Sad? I felt like crying yesterday.

"What?" She asked, this time poking my arm.

"Ritik posted a picture yesterday." I replied. There was no need to say further as I knew she would understand that was troubling me.

"Oh, some girls must have commented some nice stuff and that made you jealous, right?" She asked.

"Only Shirya's comment." I said and rested my head on the bench. Here I'm already hearing a lot of rumours of their dating thing and that girl is always near to him. Even though Ritik himself clarified yesterday that they are just friends, I was jealous. He posted a picture with Trophy yesterday, Shirya was first one to comment on it.

'My heart, onwards and upwards only.'

I mean why? Why does she have to call him 'My heart'.

"Come on Nia, get over that guy. He is not good for you." Arpita said with a very annoyed expression. I swear I love my bestfriend but I don't like when she says something like this. Why can't she understand that I love Ritik?

"You tell me that I'm in a toxic relationship and then go behind a guy who is king of toxicity." Arpita didn't even hesitate before saying that.

"What did he do?" I asked angrily.

"Leave that topic. I don't want to fight with you. It's just that I care for you and want you to be happy. For you, I want someone who will care for your happiness and will make you understand what love truly is." She said making my heart melt.

"And moreover, I read in your horoscope today that it's a good time to find love." She said excitedly and I remembered my yesterday's horoscope and what happened after that. My mind immediately drifted to how gently Akshay was holding me, how respectfully he treated me and how confidently he talked.

Why is Ritik giving a blind eye to my love?

"What are you thinking about?"

Even before I could answer, I saw Arpita stood up.

"Akshay." She called. Akshay? I felt my heartbeat raise, so I immediately turned and saw her waving at her friend.

Why was I hoping to see other Akshay?

Thank you.
Please vote and comment.