Stark's Rogue Inventions

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

By the time Marlene and the other agents made their way back to headquarters, the doctor was already gone. Chief Dooley was locked in his office, asleep with a vest covering this torso.

This vest wasn't like anything Marlene had seen before. It looked military grade, but it was emanating a reddish-orange glow. It reminded Marlene of the old heater she had back when she was young.

Marlene rushed towards the door of his office. She twisted the doorknob rushing to open it, but it didn't budge.

Thompson and the other agents walked in behind her. Sousa had agreed to stay back and do a final sweep of the building. As Thompson saw at Chief's office door without it opening, he moved towards her with curiosity.

"Chief!" she called, alerting the other agents. "Wake up!"

"What the bloody hell are you shouting for?" Peggy said, moving quickly towards her best friend.

"The Chief fell asleep," Marlene reasoned, jerking her head to his sleeping figure. "That vest looks like a walking heater-"

Thompson starts pounding vigorously on the door.

"Chief Dooley!" Peggy shouted. "Chief Dooley!"

"Step aside," Marlene ordered Thompson.

"What are you gonna do?" Sousa asked, giving her a sarcastic look. "Kick it in?"

"That's exactly what I'm going to do," Marlene nodded like it was the most logical thing to do. Then she nodded towards the large windows that overlooked the agents' desks surrounding Chief Dooley's office. "Or throw Thompson threw the glass window, and into his office."

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the Chief got up in a sort of daze, limiting Marlene's need to throw Thompson through the windows. His hair was sprouting in all different directions. He looked disoriented, which came as a side effect to waking up. He carefully moved towards the door, opening it and making his way out.

"Oh my God," Mr. Jarvis said lowly. He spread his arms out, pushing the agents back and away from Dooley. "Very calmly now, everybody stand clear, please."

Peggy nor Thompson listened to his polite suggestion.

"Miss Carter, stand clear," Mr. Jarvis implored, placing his hands delicately on her shoulders and moving her away from the Chief. "Mr. Thompson, stand back, please."

Marlene noticed the beads of sweat rolling off of Dooley's pale skin.

"He's gone, isn't he?" Dooley asked, but receive no answer.

"What is that?" Peggy demanded looking at the peculiar vest he was wearing.

"That is the prototype for a new system of armor," Mr. Jarvis answered.