Chapter 8

“Good morning Aling Nena!” I cheerfully greeted aling nena who is Drey’s long time maid and also close to his heart.

“Good Morning Allison. Come in. Come in dear.” Aling Nena opens the gate for me to enter. Aling Nena knows me already since the past few weeks Drey kept on bringing me here to his home after school.

“Aling Nena who is our lovely visitor?” a woman in her 40’s emerged out of the balcony above. She has kind grey eyes, blonde curly hair, and pale face. She looks beautiful even with her pale face.

“Oh she is Allison. Drey’s girlfriend whom Im telling you about.”

The woman’s face beamed and her hands went to her mouth.

“Oh come in. Come in darling! Im so excited to meet you.” She happily says to me and went inside to greet her on the living room.

“You will love Drey’s mother. Her name is Anna, she is really excited to meet you.” Aling Nena smiles at me and I return her a smile.

Drey’s mother engulfed me a tight and warm hug.

“Im so happy to meet you Allison! Aling nena tells me everything about you.”

“Just Al please. Uhm, Drey never talk about me?” I softly ask but not withdrawing that tinge of hurt in my tone.

“Uh, no, not to me. You see Drey isn’t close to me anymore. But to others, you’re always his talking about.” Anna assures me but I can see sadness in her eyes “How come you came here so early?”

“ I want to invite Drey to come to mass with me.” I happily say to her.

“Oh thank you, thank you Allison! I am very thankful you came to Drey’s life. You see he became a delinquent when I don’t have time for him anymore. In the past he was a very good and bright boy but his father..”

“His father?” I say in surprise. Anna just gave me a soft sad smile.

“I cant tell you this Allison, I don’t have the right to tell you this. But I just want you to know to keep on doing what you are doing to my child. I never had the time to show him how much I love him anymore. Making him draw away from which I completely regret. “

“There’s still always hope. You can always try to let him feel you still love him.”

“I tried but failed many times. He made a wall Allison. A deep and strong wall that stops me from entering his heart. So please Allison. Take care of my son. His the only family I have.” She says to me

“I promise.” I assure her though the words stung inside of me. Knowing soon I’ll have to break his heart.

As I watch the sleeping cherubic form of Drey, I cant help but wonder whant could had happened to his father? Why he hated Anna and why he doesn’t have any family left. Of course he must have any cousins, aunts, uncles or grandparents.

I softly caress his hair down to his cheek and perfect chiselled jaw. I ran soft kisses from his hair to his cheek down his lips and neck. He groaned.

“Ally.”

“wake up Drey.” I softly say to him rubbing my nose to his.

He pulls me to him , making me land in his bed and wrap in his protective embrace facing him.

“Sleep with me.” He says still eyes close

“Nope. Were going out today.” I say to him

“Later.” He says cuddling me and burying his face behind my back.