As the fight continued, Hayden analyzed the energy expelled from the daemons since landfall. Since the first encounter, Hayden had been conducting his own little research while fighting in the background. A great sense of fear washed over the doctor. This Chaos energy had too many similarities to Argent energy. He had already imagined the process of such a thing came to be. A process that he would never allow being repeated like in Nekravol. And thanks to his extensive work and development with the Crucible as a conductor, Earth no longer needed to use the insidious sources that corrupted Urdak and the Maykrs through synthetic Argent. Or as many within his faculty would like to dub: Neo-Argent.

Still, the fact that these daemons have long since been split apart from the great body of Hell painted a very big picture. The question is: why had this "Chaos" not been seen amongst the legions of Hell? Sacred texts and unburied codices from Argent D'Nur showed no passages of their appearance. It's as if they had simply never existed. Or worse, they did... but the relations between Chaos and Hell had long since been abandoned.

It appears time has passed much drastically since his inception to Earth. Time will tell if Hell and Chaos will have any ever reunite. Or destroy one another.

"Hayden? Do you hear me?" Hayden's thoughts were interrupted as Alith radioed in his earpiece.

"Yes, Alith? How may I be of service?"

"Preparations are soon complete. How goes the bay sweep?"

Hayden observed through the Slayer's helm just as a marauder found himself pleading for mercy before Doom Slayer drove an axe straight into the centre of his face before being pulled out, leaving behind a split head wound.

"Currently, a festivity for the Slayer," Hayden stated. The remark made Doom Slayer smirk before hefting the axe and decapitating a rabid berserker hurling himself towards him.

"But in great spirits, the invasion is being routed as we speak. We'll possibly be finished. Faster probably if the elves manage to keep. Despite the current company, that is."

Alith understood and sympathized.

"Still, Hayden, once this is done, we'll be back to our usual business. I'd rather not spend too much time here in this Khaine-forsaken land. Alas, be prepared to leave. And get rid of those barbarians as fast as possible. I'd rather not be living with a den of wolves any longer."

"Copy that."

Hayden cut off the transmission just as Doom Slayer punched his wrist blade through the helmet of a Chaos champion. Disconnected, Alith returned to overseeing the preparation. Observe from afar, he scanned around before locking eyes with the Crone. The woman returned a withering look. Alith simply stared coldly in kind before drifting off elsewhere. For him, it was a surprise alliance but a very short-lived one. Only the timing of when the broken truce will happen mattered more. Alith drifted elsewhere to work with his own kin.

As she watched the Shadow King vanish from her sight, cold contempt gripped her heart. She was regretting the pact already. The fact that they saved her entire city means next to nothing since they were Asur. Getting rid of them would have been her top priority were it not for the presence of the brute known as Doom Slayer. The moment she felt the dread growing from him, bets were off she would never be alive was it not for her quick thinking and proposal for a ceasefire between the two. She was certain that she did not show fear as soon as she saw the giant immediately backed off. Although part of it was out of respect for saving her, the truce would cease sometime before the ruse was finally in shambles. And she needed to be a step ahead of the giant and that conniving asur bastard known as Alith Anar.