𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 the alleyway just in time

Clint and Wanda's backs were turned as a rogue Iron Legion flew up behind them, thrusters already whirring and ready to fire.

Charlie barely had a moment to realize what was happening before her instincts kicked in. She leapt forwards, aiming her own thruster at the robot and feeling the kickback jerk her backwards slightly. Smoking from her chest plate made her realize she'd take the hit, and she groaned out loud.

"Dammit," she growled, kicking she shell of the robot angrily.

"Kid?"

Clint's voice sounded incredulous and gleeful all at once. She quickly turned, a grin spreading across her cheeks as she came face to face with the archer. "Clint!"

"Thank GOD!" Clint shouted, the smile on his face worth every second. He moved forward quickly, pulling her suit close to his chest in an awkward, metallic hug. "God, kid, you have no idea what you did to us..."

"I think I have some idea," Charlie said, thinking of the blood staining the inside of her suit from Nat's struggles to escape. She swallowed hard, the image of her aunt's bruised, bloody hands intruding her mind.

Clint pulled away and Charlie retracted the helmet momentarily, giving him a minute to observe her face. The father in him wouldn't be able to rest until she did.

"You okay?" Clint asked, his voice suddenly very serious. An Iron Legion suddenly flew past them and he turned in a split second, aiming and firing an electric arrow and hitting perfectly.

Charlie's faceplate flew quickly back into place and she huffed at the sight of more robots flying towards them. "Aw, shit."

A flash of red to her left made Charlie spin around quickly, nearly losing her balance.

Wanda Maximoff stood with her arms outstretched, a fiery look in her eyes as she tossed an Iron Legion into the air, colliding it with another. Tendrils of red floated in the air at her command, taking out robot after robot.

"Holy shit!" Charlie said excitedly, blasting away a suit right in front of her. "Hey lady- Wanda!"

Wanda barely glanced at her, teeth gritted in concentration, before huffing a strand of dark auburn hair out of her eyes (wow, they were pretty, Charlie should ask her how to do eyeliner like that- but that's not important) and giving Charlie her full attention. She titled her head quizzically and Charlie squirmed.

"What?" She said, her accent thick. Not unkindly, just out of breath.

It took Charlie a moment to remember how to speak. "Uh, just- how's you learn to do the..." she wiggled her fingers, as if that explained the magic. "I mean, I know they did experiments on you and stuff, but that's, like, so cool-"