𝐱. quidditch tryouts

Start from the beginning

"What's so funny?" Lyla asked her, getting up from the bed to go with Marlene.

"You just gave me flashbacks of second year."

"Oh bloody hell." Lyla said with a slight groan.

Marlene wrapped an arm around Lyla as they headed out of their dorm.

"Oh c'mon, I know you secretly loved the name."

"No, I didn't."

"The chaser duo is back!" Marlene yelled.

"Never agreed to that name." Lyla said, even though she was laughing along side Marlene.

☽☽☽

Lyla stood in between Sirius and Marlene as she watched James give orders for the tryouts.

"Ok, so we're testing out the beaters first." James said with a serious tone, one Lyla has never heard him use before.

"So Black, Thomas, Davies, and Taylor. You're up."

Lyla spun a quaffle in her hand as she waited for the beaters to be done.

Once they landed then James called the keepers.

It felt like an eternity until he finally called for the chasers.

Lyla and Marlene, along with the rest of the chasers mounted their brooms and took off in the air.

Lyla turned towards the stands and found Remus and he gave her a quick reassuring smile, before turning back to his conversation with Lily.

Then James blew his whistle and Lyla and Marlene shared a glance before taking off towards the quaffle.

Their trial lasted about ten minutes before James blew the whistle and called the chasers back down.

Lyla landed on the ground with a smile.

I would say that went well. She thought to herself.

Lyla then stood next to Sirius and he slowly leaned down to whisper something in her ear.

"Is McKinnon okay?"

Lyla frowned, not knowing what he meant.

He nodded his head towards Marlene, who had began pacing again, seeing as James had gone over by himself to review his notes and decide who made the team.

Lyla sighed and then went to where Marlene was.

Sirius stared at her slightly confused, and then snorted when he saw Lyla return dragging Marlene by a strand of her hair.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!"

Lyla then let go and when she did Marlene pulled a strand of her hair and said,

"Bitch! Why'd you do that?"

"To get you to stop pacing."

"And by the way that hurt." Lyla said while rubbing her head.

Marlene rolled her eyes and then turned around and yelped.