chapter 15

"hello..."

"...suzuki."

the boy turned around, looking up from his phone, to be met with the face of the girl who he was all too familiar with. a smile spread across his face as he started to feel all giddy inside.

"hey y/n! what are you doing here?" spoke the boy whose full attention was entirely on the girl.

"i'm buying cakes for my parents. they're hosting an event to meet the neighbors."

after the words came out from y/n's mouth, suzuki paused and waited for some kind of invitation to be said.

but it never came.

so why did he feel disappointed and a little hurt by the lack of words the girl spoke.

"oh, um, you're up to order suzuki." said y/n as the boy was caught in a trance within his own thoughts.

the voice from the girl brought suzuki back to his surroundings, and feeling embarrassed by being called out for not paying attention, he turned around in a hurry and ordered what he was there for.

y/n stood behind him, waiting for her turn to order. after a minute or two, suzuki finished ordering and it was now y/n's turn. suzuki walked towards the side, just behind y/n to see only her back, waiting for her to finish ordering.

but before he could ask the girl why she was ordering from the bakery while holding the store's bag in hand, he noticed her bruised back behind the thin shirt.

realization came with the sight.

questions and concerns soon followed.

but what was most disturbing to him was the fact that he felt so enraged and angered by the bruise. it was as if something had awoken from within, brining impending doom to those around him.

he wanted to caress and help heal the ugly bruise that was only getting darker as time passed, but he also wanted to bash the skull of whoever put such a mark on y/n.

realization.

what was he thinking.

had he become crazy?

before suzuki could think anymore, the same lovely voice pulled him from his thoughts back to reality. "you weren't paying attention, so i got your stuff that was ready."

how come he came out of such a trance after he heard y/n's voice. was it her seduction, or was it his pure admiration that made him care for this girl in such a short timespan.

"thanks," lowly spoke the boy. he had to put his thoughts together before they became worse.

"what happened to your back," asked suzuki as he and y/n were waiting for the cakes she reordered.

"huh?" questioned y/n, moving her unused arm to her back to feel the pain as she pressed on it.

"ugh." muttered y/n, so low yet so loud in suzuki's ears."i don't really know," lied y/n, "i must have hit it somewhere.

suzuki felt as if she were speaking to a child.

why was she so obviously lying to him when it was so obvious he was caring for her.

why didn't she say the truth if he saw wha-

wait.

he saw it?

and he didn't do anything?

had he become crazy?

he could have prevented such things from happening.

"don't lie to me y/n," spoke the boy, anger obvious in his voice. "you don't get this from hitting your back on anything. it was as if you were pushed onto a brick wall by force."

questions.

they came to y/n's head after such words were spewed by the boy's mouth.

how was he so on point with his prediction.

"don't worry," smiled y/n, trying to calm suzuki, "it's nothing for you to worry about."

"wha-"

before he could finish his words, y/n got her cakes, saying her goodbyes and how she has to hurry home, before leaving said boy in such astonishment and confusion.

he looked at the door that the girl had just left from...

... and he felt like he wanted to grab the girl and force her to say what happened, for her to trust him.

what are these feelings?

i just released they prologue of a new story i'm writing. it's an oikawa fix but a detective au! go check it out :))