chapter 9

the weekend had passed by in a flash, spending most of the time sleeping and finishing homework. y/n was now getting dressed for school, where she wouldn't go until later.

"bye mom! bye dad!" yelled out y/n, taking an umbrella from the closet and running out the door. she was wearing a black sweatshirt covering her school uniform.

the rain was pouring outside, making y/n feel refreshed. the smell of rain on the soil and plants all around her made it feel like she lived in the center of a garden.

y/n didn't care if she got wet, for she enjoyed the rain so much that even she let the rain connect her clothes to her skin.

she was lightly jogging to her destination, it not being the school. there were little twists and turns that made it feel like she was in a game, trying to get out from a maze.

after a couple minutes, she came upon a sight to behold.

it looked like an abandoned city, yet the greens from trees and bushes covered it, making it a secret only for those who knew where it was

y/n liked exploring, so when she came upon such a sight, she knew it would be her hideout. even though such thinking was childish, she could never get over the feelings she felt as her eyes laid upon the architectural design and the smell of spring it would bring. of course, she only came there when it would rain.

"wow," y/n stood in astonishment, holding her umbrella with both her hands, yet she was getting soaked entirely. she ran under a building, putting her bag and umbrella there so it wouldn't get more wet, and then she walked around the garden which had become a forest.

however, before y/n could do anything, an umbrella was placed above her. she looked up, it being the color green. she froze in her place, thinking she got caught skipping school or a random person was going to abduct her, but as she slowly turned around, she was met with her classmate.

"i didn't expect you here," said the boy whose umbrella was still above her head.

y/n was now fully turned around, surprise on her face as she thought the person in front of her wouldn't even dare to miss class.

"what are you doing here? you have school," replied the girl, pushing his umbrella back to the boy so it was covering him entirely.

before y/n could even let go of his hands she was pushing back, the boy moved it back so it covering y/n. she looked up, a slight frown on her face as the boy rejected staying under the umbrella alone.

"if you keep on getting more soaked, you'll get sick you know."

"that's why you should use it, it's yours, i enjoy being in the rain," spoke y/n, pushing the umbrella back to the boy and stepping back herself, creating more distance between the two.

"if you aren't going to use it, then neither will i," and not even a second later, the open umbrella now stood on the ground, yet staying still as if it was taunting the girl.

"just use it, please!" pleased y/n, looking between the umbrella and the boy.

"fine," the boy muttered, grabbing it off from the floor, but before long, he spoke again. "if i need to be under it, then so do you."

and just like that, the two were now so close to each other, the umbrella holding off the rain from above while the two stood under it together.

heat blossomed underneath y/n's checks by being so close to the boy. but she looked above once more before finally greeting the boy who was trying to take care of her.

"hello, it's nice to see you again, ..."

who is this mysterious boy? no, it's a cliffhanger instead!