𝟏| 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER ONE:

FROST GIANTS

LOUD CHEERS WERE heard all over inside the castle in Asgard

LOUD CHEERS WERE heard all over inside the castle in Asgard. Everyone watched as Thor, the God of Thunder, made his way down the aisle, continuously tossing his hammer up in the air before catching it. Laughs escaped the blonde man as he even cheered with the crowd, happy he was finally becoming king.

Y/n, the Goddess of Fidelity, stood in-between Sif, the Goddess of Grain and Fertility, and Loki, Thor's adoptive brother, who was also the God of Mischief. Thor and Loki's mother, Frigga, stood on the other side of Loki. Everyone watched as Thor stopped at the bottom of the stairs in front of the throne, where his father, Odin, sat.

The blonde takes off his headpiece, glancing around and smiling at his friends, mother and brother. Odin slowly stands up, then slamming his staff onto the floor below him, causing the crowd around them to quiet down.

As that happened, Y/n looked to her left, watching as Loki looks down at the floor, a sad look on his face. Slowly reaching over, her hand brushes against his before taking his hand fully in hers, intertwining their fingers together. She notices a little smile appear on his face at her actions, his grip tightening. She knew he had wanted to be king, but of course, he kept quiet, letting Thor have it all.

"Thor Odinson, my heir, my firstborn. So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, it's power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. Tis a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms from the time of the great beginning." Odin announces out.

Y/n doesn't listen to the rest as she notices Loki's sadden face again. Gently, she rubs the pad of her thumb against the back of his hand, hoping to sooth him as much as she could. After all these years, the girl had only fell for the God of Mischief even more. She ignored the people that said he was cruel, even though she knew it was true. Of course it was, he was the God of Mischief. But Loki was never cruel or rude towards her.

He was kind, sweet, loving. He was different when he was around her.

"Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?" Odin asks.

"I swear." Thor replies.

"And do you swear to preserve the peace?" Odin questions.

"I swear." Thor repeats.

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the Realms?" Odin asks.

"I swear!" Thor repeats again, raising his hammer in the air.

"Then, on this day, I, Odin Allfather, proclaim you..." Odin begins, stopping himself as his face becomes serious. "The Frost Giants!"

The God then proceeds to slam his staff on the floor again as the crowd murmurs together, feeling scared that the Frost Giants were here. After a little while, Odin, Thor, Loki and Y/n made their way down to the weapons vault. As they walked down the small aisle, ice was almost everywhere, including unconscious, maybe even lifeless, guards and Frost Giants laying around.

"The Jotuns must pay for what they've done!" Thor exclaims in anger.

"They have paid, with their lives. The Destroyer did it's work, the Casket is safe, and all is well." Odin assures.

"All is well?" Thor repeats in question, voice laced in disbelief. "They broke into the weapons vault! If the Frost Giants had stolen even one of these relics..."

"They didn't." Odin reminds.

"Well, I want to know why!" Thor argues.

Both Loki and Y/n stood silently side by side as they watched the father and son argue with one another. More Thor yelling at Odin, who had been calm this whole time as he stared down at the weapon at the end of the vault.

"I have a truce with Laufey, King of the Jotuns." Odin informs.

"He just broke your truce! They know you are vulnerable!" Thor states.

Odin turns around, facing him. "What action would you take?"

"March into Jotunheim as you once did. Teach them a lesson. Break their spirits so they'll never dare try to cross our borders again." Thor lists in response.

"You're thinking only as a warrior." Odin observes.

"This was an act of war!" Thor argues.

"It was the act of but a few, doomed to fail." Odin states.

"Look how far they got!" Thor reminds.

"We will find the breach in our defenses and it will be sealed." Odin reassures.

"As King of Asgard--" Thor starts.

"But you're not king!" Odin raises his voice, cutting his son off. "Not yet."

And with that, he walks off, leaving the two Gods and Goddess in the weapon's vault, ignoring Thor's anger towards the Frost Giants and himself.

~

Loki and Y/n stood together behind a pillar, hand in hand as they watched Thor throw a table upside down in anger, letting out a shout while doing so. Once finishing his actions, the blonde takes a seat on the steps, where Loki then pulls Y/n out from the pillar, both sitting on either side of Thor, who now finally notices them.

"It's unwise to be in my company right now." Thor tells them. "This was to be my day of triumph."

"It'll come. In time." Y/n assures, resting a hand on his shoulder.

Just then, footsteps were heard as four people walk inside, revealing Sif, Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg all walking in, looking at the mess Thor had made. Sif looks to her best friend, to which Y/n just gives a sad look to her before looking back at Thor.

"If it's any consolation, I think you're right. About the Frost Giants, about Laufey, about everything. If they found a way to penetrate Asgard's defenses once, who's to say they won't try again? Next time with an army." Loki explains to his brother, making Y/n look to him in confusion.

Thor nods. "Exactly."

"There's nothing you can do without defying Father." Loki states.

Thor glances at him and Y/n, a certain look on his face as he stands up. Immediately, Y/n's eyes widening, standing up with him.

"No, no, no. I know that look." Y/n observes, trying to stop it.

"That's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." Thor reminds.

"Thor, it's madness." Loki tries, agreeing with Y/n.

"Madness? What sort of madness?" Volstagg questions.

"We're going to Jotunheim." Thor replies.

Volstagg chuckles in disbelief. "What?"

"This isn't like a journey to Earth where you summon a little lightning and thunder, and the mortals worship you as a God. This is Jotunheim." Fandral reminds, clearly not agreeing with his plan.

"My father fought his way into Jotunheim, defeated their armies and took their Casket. We would just be looking for answers." Thor reassures.

"It is forbidden!" Sif exclaims.

Thor chuckles. "My friends, have you forgotten all that we have done together? Fandral, Hogun. Who led you into the most glorious battles?"

"You did." Hogun replies.

"And Volstagg, to delicacies so succulent, you thought you'd died and gone to Valhalla?" Thor asks.

Volstagg laughs a little. "You did."

"Yes!" Thor agrees, chuckling. "And who proved wrong all who scoffed at the idea that a young maiden could be one of the fiercest warriors this realm has ever known?"

"I did." Sif replies.

"True, but I supported you, Sif. My friends, we're going to Jotunheim." Thor tells all of them.