Chapter 17

Hadley's POV

"Niall my dad is gonna be here soon to talk about the funeral arrangements and the memorial for Gunn." I tell Niall as I'm feeding Finley her bottle.

"I'll start some tea." He says kissing my forehead and heads to the kitchen.

The doorbell rings and Niall answers the door and Niall and my dad walk into the living room where I'm currently sitting now getting Finley down for her morning nap.

"Hey there baby girl. How are you doing?" Dad asks me and kisses my head.

"I'm okay I guess." I say and stare down at my little baby girl in my arms.

Oh how badly I wish that I could always protect her from ever experiencing every kind of pain there is in the anything but perfect world we live in.

"Hads?" Niall says gently grabbing my shoulder and I just look over at him.

"Hmm?"

"You zoned out love." he says. "Your dad asked if you guys should have Gunn buried or cremated since he doesn't have a will."

"I think he should be buried with a full military service. I think that's what he'd want." Tears start falling. "I'm sorry I need to go lay Fins down." I say and get up and go lay her down in her crib.

After I lay her down I go into Niall and I's room and lay in our bed and cry. I don't know how long I've been crying for when I feel the bed sink down behind me. I didn't even hear anyone walk in. Someone who I'm assuming is my husband puts a hand on my shoulder. I know immediately that it's not Niall it's my dad.

"We're gonna get through this Hadley. I promise you we will." he says and I turn over and my dad opens his arms and I go into them and I lay on my dads chest as he rubs my head like we used to do when I was upset as a child.

"Daddy what do I do without him. I can't do this. I need him he can't be gone it's not fair." I cry into my dads shirt.

"We take this one day at a time." he says and I cry myself to sleep in the comfort of my dads arms.

Niall's POV

I stand in the door way and listen to the entire conversation between my wife and her father. I pray that'll be how close Finley and I will be when she's our age. Hadley fell asleep on her dad. He notices me in the doorway and waves me over.

"Niall I'm gonna head out and finish the arrangements with the army. Take my place and let her rest she needs it. Take care of her for me son." he says to me as he slowly gets up.

Hadley sits up still basically sleeping. I quickly take my place on the bed and she lays back down on my chest.

"Ni?" she mumbles.

"It's me princess. I'm right here." I say and kiss her head and pull her close and she snuggles as close as she can to me and slowly starts drifting back to sleep.

"I'll call Harry and see if he can come help out with Fins and I'll be back in an hour or two. I'll stay here a few nights and help you guys out with my precious grandbaby." My father in law says and I nod my head."

"Thank you I appreciate it and I know Hads does too." he nods and makes his way out of the room.

About a half hour later there's a light tap on the door. I glance over to the door and Harry is standing in the door way.

"Thank you so much for coming to help out with Fins. Hadley will barely let me leave her side and she needs to rest as much as she'd rather spend her time with Fin in her nursery Hads needs the rest."

"It's no problem at all. I love spending all this time with my niece." Harry says with a smile on his face.

As if on que Finley starts crying waking up from her nap for her next bottle.

"I've got her Ni. You're wife needs you." Harry says.

"Better hurry up before Hadley hears her." I smirk and he runs to Fins room.

I cuddle my gorgeous wife closer to me and kiss the top of her head.

"I love you so much. I don't think I could live this world without you." I whisper and drift off to sleep.

Authors Note!!!!

I am so sorry for the super long wait for an update. I've been dealing with a lot and a lot of things have happened but things are going really good and should be able to start updating again!! Thank you all so much for the love and support of this story. Please continue to read, share and vote!!!! Love you all!!!!