𝟰.𝟴 the end to it all

RUN, BUNNY, RUN... 𓏴

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗜 𝗠𝗔𝗬 fail but i will never give up ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

 ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳

🖇·˚ ≋♡

- 2020, December

- 2020, December

A week had elapsed since the incident, and while an official statement had been issued, Mercy had deliberately kept herself off social media. The fear of facing public opinion weighed heavily on her, and she chose to take a break from the spotlight for a month before resuming her responsibilities as an idol. During this hiatus, she sought solace at home, where her mother and father remained a constant, protective presence, refusing to let her out of their sight.

Jungkook, having heard of the traumatic event, visited as often as he could. The situation transcended the realm of ordinary sasaeng behavior, entering the territory of a disturbingly intense stalker. The ongoing legal proceedings were putting the perpetrator through the due process of the law, determining the punishment for the torment inflicted upon Mercy.

Despite the efforts to cope, Mercy struggled with the aftermath. The trauma manifested in her inability to be left alone, as solitude threatened to trigger panic. Sleep became a battle, with nightmares jolting her awake in the middle of the night, further complicating her journey toward recovery.

And despite having three weeks left in her break, Mercy felt an undeniable urge to return to work. For her, it served as a distraction, a way to immerse herself in the familiar routine of dance and physical training—a means of escape from the haunting memories that lingered. As she entered the building, she kept her head down, avoiding eye contact with anyone around.

Yeonjun walked a few steps behind her, accompanying her to the gym. In an attempt to lighten the atmosphere, he continued their conversation.

'And then Taehyun said that you were a better dancer than me,' Yeonjun remarked.

Mercy responded with a nonchalant shrug. 'It's true.'

'Yeah, right,' Yeonjun retorted, rolling his eyes.

As Mercy and Yeonjun stepped into the gym, she placed her bag beside his, preparing for their workout routine. However, the atmosphere shifted abruptly with a single word.

'Mina?'

Her heart sank, and her body tensed at the familiar voice.

'Heeseung.'

Yeonjun, sensing the tension, cleared his throat and excused himself. Suddenly, Mercy found herself alone with Heeseung.

'I saw what happened,' he said, and Mercy nodded awkwardly, uncertainty hanging in the air. The encounter brought an unexpected wave of emotions, reopening wounds that had yet to fully heal.

'Yeah. . .'

The air between them thickened with an unspoken tension until Mercy felt Heeseung grab her arm, gently turning her to face him. In an unexpected moment, he pressed his lips to hers. It felt undeniably right, a familiar connection reigniting. His hand found its way to her waist, holding her close, and Mercy responded by slinging her arms around his neck, kissing him back.

The overwhelming rush of emotions threatened to bring tears to her eyes as she savored the warmth of his touch. When he finally pulled away, he pressed his lips to her forehead and then rested his forehead against hers.

'We shouldn't have,' Mercy whispered, her voice betraying a conflict of emotions. 'The company doesn't want us to—they said it's better if we remain friends for now.'

'And am I just a friend, Mina?' Heeseung asked, defiance lacing his words, cutting through the hesitation.

Caught off guard, Mercy's face softened, and she looked down, lost in thought. Slowly, she inched closer, placing a hand over his heart, feeling its rhythmic beats.

'Heeseung... ' she whispered, her voice carrying a weight of uncertainty.

In response, Heeseung leaned in, his lips dangerously close to hers, and asked again, 'Am I just a friend, Mina?'

A soft chuckle escaped her lips, and she pressed them to his.

the end

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗿𝘂𝗻, 𝗯𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘆, 𝗿𝘂𝗻. . . txt added member ✔ 🎉