f o r t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm not," Saeron managed to lie- oh how well she knew her mother.
"Kim Saeron, I've raised you for the past 18 years so cut the lies."

Well shit.

A huff, as well as a pout, formed on her lips when she got caught, but she still came up with reasons for their status.
"I mean- it's not official yet," her shoulders slumped at the thought, placing the final dish on the rack before heading over to sit on the sofa, and Taehee followed.

"It's not?" trailing behind her, Taehee then sat next to her daughter who had her arms folded up on her chest- shaking her head in response.
"Damn- I never thought I'd see him again," Saeron breathed out as she threw her head to rest on the big pillow behind her, closing her eyes.

Taehee on the other hand, grinned at the reaction and shook her head in disbelief. The low chuckles were heard by the younger one as she snapped to see her mother smiling, cocking her head to the side in confusion, "Why are you smiling?"

Taehee's puffed out a sigh of relief, placing her hands behind her head for support as she leaned back, "Took you long enough to realize."

Saeron's head shot up, eyes landing on her mother who was still trying to supress her grin.
"Mom- you knew all this time??" she gasped and her eyes widened, slapping her Taehee's hand that were originally on her thighs.

Taehee jolted from the sudden pain but then laughed, "Of course I do, his face was too familiar to forget," the woman said, "especially with what he'd done long ago during that accident."

Saeron's extensively widened eyes grew even more if it was even possible, she couldn't believe what she's hearing right now.
Her mother knew all this time, and didn't say shit?

"Why didn't you tell me?" her tone switched to a more serious one and the mother figure could only sigh in response, "What's there to tell? I had no intention to say anything to neither one of you- you know, allowed you figure it out yourself."

"It wasn't that long ago till I realized either, " Taehee continued, and Saeron exhaled in defeat. At least she knows now, right?

"Mom," Saeron shifted to glance at her mother, who hummed and did the same, giving her a knowingly look.
"What if we actually date, is it okay with you?"

That was probably the most useless question Saeron could ask.

"What- Of course! I've been waiting for centuries for this moment to actually happen," the woman joked, standing up from her seat to wipe out the crumbs that were left on the table after a few bag of chips they ate.

Saeron rolled her eyes at the comment, but deep inside she felt relieved. She was happy to know that other people had approved of their relationship. All she needed now was to wait until making it an official one.

"But one more thing, " Taehee interjected the short silence as she stopped whatever she's doing, causing the younger to do the same, "Do you actually love him?"

The question made her freeze on the spot, mostly taken aback by the sudden question, yet the girl knew exactly what her answer was. It was clear anyway.

"Yeah.."

Taehee gave her a dearly smile, ruffling her hair before walking further into the kitchen, "That's what I thought."