f o r t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

Saeron lightly shook her head, motioning with her hands politely, "It's okay, adults should eat first, am I right?"
"Ahh manners," Sungjoon exhaled then turned towards Taehee, "You've taught her well."

"Tch, cringe" Donghyuck mumbled but was sadly heard by the girl next to him as he received another slap on his arm, causing him to jolt in shock, "Ow- It was!"
He massaged the spot and Saeron rolled her eyes for the nth time, cursing under her breath for having such an annoying cousin.

Taehee urged the youngers to settle down onto their places and the family finally enjoyed their dinner in peace.

They were all happy, catching up on life since the last time they gathered, which was years ago. The parents didn't seem to mind the kids being so loud, especially Jisung and Donghyuck who couldn't stop fighting, leaving it all to Saeron who acted as a parent to the two.

The dinner went by for hours yet it only felt like minutes as they were too immersed by their conversations, either Donghyuck getting bullied by his father, or the other way around.

It came to an end when the time surpassed 10 pm, bidding their goodbyes, hoping to see each other again next time- and the elders also wanted to make sure that their two boys were on good terms, of course.

Sungjoon and Mira, along with their sons were already outside the house, Taehee and Saeron standing under the front door to see their figures disappear gradually.

The temporary farawell was chaotic, Donghyuck being the annoying brat he still was, smacked Jisung's head from behind only for him to run away before the taller did anything else.

"Bye Jisungiee~" the tanned one cooed, causing Jisung to scrunch his nose in disgust but he waved eventually. The boy turned her head to see Saeron and her mother grin before averting his attentiom back to her.

The two made eye contact, and Saeron gave him a small wave.
"See you tomorrow," she mouthed and Jisung nodded, then gave a wink causing Saeron to part her lips in shock.

"You're crazy," the stunned tone made Taehee turn to look at her daughter, "Who's crazy?"
"Uhh- me. I'm crazy," Saeron lied and Jisung tried to surpress his laugh.

Taehee eyed her daughter weirdly, "For sure you are," the woman mumbled and the girl stuck her tounge out, before waving their last goodbye to the family living infront of them.

Closing the door behind her, Taehee watched as Saeron walked towards the table to clean the mess they've made, heading over to the sink to wash the left out dishes, and Taehee helped her get the chores done before sparking a topic.

"How are things with Jisung?" the mother spoke and Saeron froze, realizing that she hadn't told her about her relationship with the boy- well, not yet.

Upon seeing her daughter look at her with nervousness, Taehee couldn't help but internally frown but masked it with an encouraging smile.

"We- uhh" Saeron tried to reason, but failed completely when she heard herself stutter.
The woman raised her brow as her tome was getting suspicious, "Are you hiding something from me?"

Taehee's eyes narrowed as she abruptly brought her face closer, causing Saeron to flinch a little and stop whatever she was doing. The girl eyed her mother, eyes flickering in contemplation.