Liquor, Lies & Licenses

Start from the beginning

We make our way out of the bar standing outside waiting for a cab each.

She takes a hold of my hand catching my attention, I turn around to face her.

"Go on a date with me," she says straightforwardly with a hit of nervousness in her tone.

"I- Wanda." I start to say.

"You don't have to I just- I thought- it doesn't matter," seeing her panic was a strange change to the confident woman I was used to seeing.

"Wanda calm down, yes I'll go on a date with you," I pause "but we hardly know each other."

"Yeah well it's a chance for us to get to know each other," she smiles "and I definitely want to get to know you."

"I thought you already knew a lot about me."

"Oh I do but you make me curious."

"I've been told I make a lot of people curious," I say remembering how Natasha had said something similar, obviously in a different context but still the same phrase nonetheless.

She nods "maybe it's just something about you."

"Something about me huh?" I smile, feeling my heart flutter giddily in my chest.

"How does a coffee date sound?" She questions.

"Good."

"Saturday about 2ish meet me at the coffee shop across from the office."

"Will do."

"Goodnight Y/N."

"See you tomorrow and thanks for the drinks."

"Morning." I nod smiling in Wanda's direction as I walk towards Natasha's office.

"Morning." She smiles back at me

Natasha's already there waiting for me, wearing a low cut shirt showing enough of her chest to catch my attention while leaving enough up to the imagination. Her arms are folded over her front pushing up her chest; intentional or not I look away not wanting for this to be inappropriate.

"So I'm working under you now?" I question hoping for her to elaborate on her job offer. She stands from her office chair as I approach her.

She smirks "yes, under me." She confirms.

"So what exactly does this job entail?" I push past her childish comment.

"You'll work with me on more important cases, you're still at the bottom of the pact though so there are some things you won't be allowed to do. I'm going to train you and if you're lucky you'll be as good as me."

"So what are my hours like?"

"If I'm here so are you." She tells me.

"And the pay?"

"Your pay won't change."

"If you want me to work for you," I pause smirking "correction- under you, you'll pay me more."