Liquor, Lies & Licenses

Start from the beginning

"I just said something along the lines of 'it's none of her business if I were to be sleeping with Wanda and there's nothing you can do blah blah blah.' Which is when she then told me about the no fraternisation rule so I looked like a fucking idiot."

Wanda bursts out laughing and then furrows her brows in confusion as she thinks over what I'd said "wait," she pauses "she told you there was a no fraternisation rule?"

I nod "umhum."

"Oh sweetheart I'm sorry but she's messing with you," she laughs "the rule clearly states no fraternisation with clients and employees that's it. Unless she's changed in the last 2 days she's definitely messing with you."

"Why would she mess with me?" I say shocked.

"I don't know, you probably pissed her off... but lying about that kinda thing is weird even for her."

"So there's definitely no rule?"

"Nope, no rule. I can have a word with her if you want. I don't know why she's giving you such a hard time though." She shrugs.

"No, it's fine. She's making work directly under her so I don't wanna make things weird."

She nods "Good point... but good news, if you're working with her I'll get to see you more."

I smile "So you want to see me more?"

She smiles shaking her head "sure."

"Enough about her any way I'd rather talk about something else," I say urging Wanda to change the subject.

"I just can't believe she thought we were sleeping together." She says teasingly.

"I'll pretend not to be offended." I playfully hit her arm.

"No don't be, I don't mean it like that. It's just crazy that she'd think that."

"I think I could get you if I wanted to," I say half-jokingly as I watch her cheeks blush.

I probably couldn't but it's worth a shot.

"Oh please, no you couldn't." She smiles in a way that gave me the urge to try and prove her wrong.

"I bet I could."

"Really?" She challenges.

I lean closer to her, "if I wanted you I could have you." She turns her headway from me attempting to hide the blush on her cheeks but I could still see the beautiful crimson shade painted over her.

She turns back to face me, smiling from ear to ear.

"You couldn't handle me," she says lowly, glancing from my eyes to my lips.

"Try me," I say nervously but still curious as to how far she'd take this challenge.

She kisses my cheek sweetly, "you don't want to do that."

"I do."

She glances down at her watch, "it's late."