CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Forest....more like a maze, if Gabriel isn't here I'm probably lost by now. His strength is five times stronger than humans. As expected, hybrids are impressive creatures.

My brother noticed me and went towards me. His gaze is focusing on Gabriel

"Who are you?" He asked but Gabriel didn't answer "I said, who are you?"

"I shall not speak unless it's my master." He said and walk away, he put my tiger down in the ground. He looks thin but he's strong, he carried the tiger one handed all the way here.

"Who's that strange man?" Elliote ask

"He's Gabriel and I'm his master." I said

"What? Master?"

"Yeah, it's a long story, but don't worry, even though he's a lion, he's harmless."

"How can you tell?"

I just grin, "Ah, I should put him on a test first to prove he's loyalty." I said and walk away

"Hey! Eloise, wait! Answer my question!" Elliote called but I ignored him

Harmless, huh? Even though I said it's not a bad idea to keep Gabriel in my side, I'm still not sure if he's trustworthy or not. After all, he's a male lead and I'm the villain. What if, he's just here to look for something and used it against me? I know I'm over thinking but it's not impossible.

He's in love with Thalia in the novel, he promised that no matter what happened to him, he'll protect Thalia.

"Master, you look tired."

I looked up and saw Gabriel's face. He's too close. I move myself backwards and avoid his gaze

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said

Minutes later, the guy started judging the animals that participants' caught

"Ah, the crown prince caught a carnivore rabbit." The guy said proudly

Carnivore rabbits?

"Good grief, that kind of animals also eat human flesh." Someone murmur

"Anyway, here's from lady Eloise of the ducal's state. You got....." He checked mine and almost drop his jaw "That's.....the blue tiger! I heard they're a dangerous species and hard to find! Lady Eloise, where'd you get it?"

"At the forest..?" He's acting weird. I saw the crown prince reaction after seeing the blue tiger. He's surprised

"No way! She must've cheated! That lady can't do anything except throwing tantrums, I mean, she's a brat who---" one noble said

"Excuse me, are you being sexist right now, sire?" I ask

"Whatever! I know you cheated! You're the only girl in this event! Girls are fragile, they can't do anything! Just because you came from high ranked noble doesn't mean you can cheat in this event! It's totally unfair for everyone else who participate here fair and square!"

"Hold on. Do you have any proof that I cheated?"

"W-Well, I don't but everyone knows you're a good for nothing."

"Your point is totally nonsense, sire. I killed this animal fair and square."

"I don't believe you! Hey! You should disqualified her immediately!"

"Can I speak for a moment, please?"

Everyone, including me, looked at Gabriel's direction, I can't read his expression right now

"Lady Eloise here killed that blue tiger. I saw it."

"Hey! Stay out of this, you son of a bitch!"

Gabriel's expression right now is furious. The next thing I know he disappeared and suddenly he's now grabbing the noble man's clothes. It gave me a goosebumps.

"H-Hey! L-Let me g-go! Y-You don't k-know w-who I a-am!"

"Are you trying to humiliate my master by being sexist in front of everyone? If you are, I'll kill you with my claws right now!" Gabriel groan at him.

"Gabriel, let go of him." I ordered, he let go but he's still glaring at him

"H-Ha....what did I do? I'm totally right, right everyone?" He turned around but everyone avoid him and started to gossip. "H-Hey.... don't be like that. We all know that---"

"You fucking bastard!" Prince Severus suddenly attacked him by pointing his sword on him "Say that one more time and I swear you'll be immediately exiled from this empire!"

"Y-Your h-highness, I-I'm j-just telling t-the---"

"Shut up or I'll cut that tongue of yours? Choose."

The noble man shuts his mouth and royal guard took him away from the event.

"Your highness, you shouldn't do that to him."

"Tsk." He walked away without telling another word

His highness saved me two times today, I can stand for myself but why'd he do that? I can torture that noble man if I wanted to but it's not me anymore.

If this keeps up, the crown prince might damage his reputation and image and I don't want that to happen. I should distant myself from him. After all, he's the lead and I'm the villain.

I'll be the one who'll suffer just to survive in this world

________________

A/N: sorry for the grammatical errors and typos and I'm really really sorry for being hiatus for like days now and I didn't even announced it so yeah, I'm very sorry