CHAPTER SEVEN

I took a shower. Since it is serene and stress-free, I shut my eyes and nearly fell asleep.

Veronica stated, "My lady, it's time for your breakfast."

"I'll be there,"

I sigh and exit the tub, feeling exhausted already—probably because I do not want to travel there and partake in archery.

I dressed after bathing and entered the dining room. Elliote is having his meal while my dad is reading the newspaper.

I state, "Good morning."

They both glanced towards me with confused looks upon their faces.

Elliote questioned, "Did you just say good morning?"

"I did, then what's the big deal?" I reply

"It's surprising to see you've finally learned basic manners."

I said, placing my hands on my chest and grinning at them, "Well, you know, I actually occurred to eventually realise that I was so childish back then, sometimes I absolutely loathe myself for overspending on gems and certain other things that I do not often use, and also for throwing hissy fits especially in public. It's disappointing as the duke's child."

They both expressed awe, and I found that reaction to be extremely rewarding to witness.

Elliote continued to devour his sandwich as he said, "I notice."

"In any case, the story has already spread widely." the duke inserted

"What is going on, dad?" I enquired.

"We still don't understand what is happening, but there is apparently a trade currently occurring on the black market."

I inquired, "Does Viscount Caledon know about all of this?"

"It's likely he knows, however he hasn't make any action yet."

"It's strange," Elliote added.

"I'll go see what's happening in the underground market."

As I offered to assist, they were both surprised.

Elliote responded, "You can't just butt in because you're curious.

"I know that well, brother, but it's not just us who could even take this same benefit here, isn't it? I honestly believe, if somehow the royal palace started hearing about any of this, what else do you think is going to happen? Of course they'll somewhat exile or execute the individual who manage that transaction, it's illegal in this country. I can enter the black market if I cover up myself, correct? This is for the greater good, there is already a reasonable chance that the civilization's good name would be severely damaged, so what would you think?" 

"Eloise, that's still risky."

"I admire your concern, brother, however considering that you did not originally cared about my wellbeing before, what has happen to you now?"

He continued to consume his meal after replying, "I-I......tsk, whatever."

The duke advised Eloise, "It's not a horrible idea, just make absolutely sure you'll safely return."

"Okay,"

Ha, since did these two start showing any interest in me?

Evening has already come, I have completed everything I needed to do today, and Adelaide has still been beaming at me. There's something I haven't accomplished yet

I switch into less attention-grabbing attire and then put on a hood.

I ought to head to the capital and purchase a mask because I don't have any.

"My lady, I'll go along with you."

"No, Veronica, you stay here; it's for your personal safety."

I stepped outside and entered the carriage since I didn't want anyone to identify me because that would ruin the entire scheme.

When I arrived in the city's capital, I proceeded to a store where a variety of masks were being displayed.

I stepped out after buying one and boarded the carriage once again.

All I need to do is identify the sociopath behind this trade.

A short while later, I find myself at a place where nobody is around. When I ordered the carriage driver to stop, he hesitated a moment before stopping. I exited the vehicle and started to walk.

"My lady, wait!"

"Don't fret, I guaranteed that I'll eventually return. All you must do is stay here, however if you get hungry because it was almost dinnertime, you can just go back to the city and buy anything to eat," i stated.

"O-Okay..."

I gave him a smile before going. I put my hood and mask on.

Even though there is no turning back now, I have an unpleasant feeling about this.

I saw a light, and folks are assembled around it.

A man shouts, wearing a tall hat, "5000 silver coinage for the admission!"

He was handed a money bag by someone standing in line, which then proceeded inside.

I'm relieved I brought some cash as a precaution.

"Thank you, madame, enjoy the show," the man winks as I gave him a bag containing my cash on it.

When I entered, I was astounded by its size.

I'm not familiar with the people around me because I believe they do not dwell in this kingdom.

Who are these people?