Rafe rose to his feet and walked over. Jax dropped his hand from my arm and took a step back, eyeing the both of us as Rafe circled around me. My stomach churned with uneasiness when he folded his bandaged arms across his chest. I had to force my eyes away from the bloody mess.Rafe shook his head. "No, I'm good. I saw you eyeing her, Jax. You lookin' into girls' town this time?"

"I was thinking about it. Got the cowboy already, but he's gonna need some breaking in. She looks like she was born to be submissive... how old are you sweetheart?"

"Sixteen," I mumbled, but kept my eyes glued to Rafe. "Angel, you need me."

Jax took a step back and made a whooshing sound that sounded like he was sucking in air to whistle instead of whistling properly. "Damn. This girl wants herself an angel, Rafe. She's one of those bible thumpers like Sal. You know, I bet that's what ol'girl was doin' over there, givin' her the rundown."

I ignored Jax. "Angel, I know what I'm talking about. You want me so bad."

His green eyes hardened and his eyebrows snapped together in a scowl. "I said no. I hate needy women!"

My heart climbed into my throat. I felt like I was drowning. What else could I do? "But I want you!"

Rafe shrugged. "I don't care. That's not how it works. Take her back in line, Jax."

"No!" My arms darted forward and I wrapped my fingers around his un-bandaged wrists. He tensed but didn't pull away. "A Bird told me."

Jax shook his head and ran a hand through his Mohawk, a baffled look on his face. "This bitch is daffy as fuck. I'm even gonna stay away after that one."

Rafe twisted his wrists around so that his hands ended up flipping free. He reached forward and shoved my shoulders, making me stumble back. His eyes went up and down my body, sneering at me.  "Listen, you don't have anything I want."

I was failing miserably. My eyes darted to the side searching for an idea, for something to help get him to pick me, but all I saw was Tonya on the floor, kneeling in front of Queenie. His hands clutched the back of her head pulling her back and forward as she...

"Oh my God!" I whispered and turned my head away. "She's-um... Th-that's the show they want to see? Oh my God!"It's not that I was stupid. I knew what everyone had been telling me. I knew what they'd been talking about, but seeing it on display was still a shock.

Rafe chuckled. "Yeah. You definitely don't have anything I want."

Interest sparked in Jax's eyes. He tilted his head to the side as Rafe walked away. "I could work with this innocent thing," he said and reached forward to clutch my chin. He turned my face and stroked his thumb across my bottom lip. "I got some duck tape to shut that crazy ass mouth of yours too."

"Jax, I appreciate that you're considering choosing me, but I politely decline," I said, feeling like I was losing my mind.

"Sorry sweetheart, you either accept or fight. You're choice."

Rafe paused a few feet away, his head tilted to the side waiting for my answer.

"Rafe, just pick me. Please?" I pleaded softly. Why didn't he understand? I was calling him Angel. I mentioned Bird. What else could I do?

"What's your answer, sweetheart?" Jax interrupted.

"Give me your name," Rafe said.

"Kender."

"Hey Bee, what's Ken-"

"Kendal!" I shouted, remembering my name change.

Rafe turned around slowly, his gaze intense as he focused on me, his teeth clenching at my interruption. "Give me her numbers."