People walk on the streets, laughing and chatting while they shop for warmer clothes. They look so happy and free here. They look safe here.

"Yeah." Caspian says finally. "I never thought a city would be here. I never once would have thought I would see people laugh here." He admits and admires the city. "It's beautiful here. It feels so safe. They look so carefree."

I murmur and agreement and we both continue watch the beautiful scene unfold in the city. People make there way into their homes while the sun sets. We stand, leaning on the window and only watch as the city lives. The chatter dissolves as people start to disappear into their houses. They kiss and hug each other goodbye. Children cry when they seperate from their friend and toys. A small laugh escapes my parched lips when I see a child sob over leaving their friend.
My father did all this. He kept them safe, no matter the image he had on himself. He made sure his city was safe. And I admire him for it.

My stomach grumbles and my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"We haven't eaten in hours." Caspian says and pushes away from the window.

He's right. We've been watching the city for hours on end, not even thinking about food or water.

"Let's go find the kitchen?" I ask and he nods.

We both slip out of the room and I offer a soft smile to the guards at my door, and to my surprise, they return the smile.

We walk around the palace and finally turn up into the kitchen. Nobody is in here cooking so I grin and step further into the kitchen, finding a plane apron, I wrap it around myself and look around in the cabinets for any ingredients.

I open a cabinet and notice a bowl with a wrap on it. Dough.

I smile, standing on my toes and snatch it out of the cabinet before placing it on the wooden counter. I look up and see Caspian leaning against the kitchen doorway, and his eyes hold administration.

"What?" I ask flustered.

He blinks and shakes his head. "It's nothing." He says walking over before grabbing an apron for himself and tying it on himself. "What do you have in mind?" He asks nodding to the bowl of dough while he ties the apron around his waist.

"Pasta." I say grinning and turn back around and look around to find the flour.

"I got it." Caspian says and holds up a large bag of flour.

"How did you know I was looking for flour?" I questions and grab the large and he shakes bag from him.

"You need it." Is all he says.

I grab two handfuls of flour and spread it on the table before dumping the dough onto it and start to knead.

"Can you cut some small tomatoes and garlic?" I ask over my shoulder and Caspian nods before looking around for the ingredients.

I've never made pasta from complete scratch with dough, but it's the first for everything.

Caspian places down a cutting board before he starts to carefully cut the tomatoes and peels the garlic, smashing is after they're clean.